I Have Extreme Itching Six Months After Ultrasonic Lipo?

I had lipo six months ago and now when I sweat it feels like needles are pricking the parts where I got the lipo. Is that normal or should I go see the doctor?

Itching after Liposuction

+2

I would always agree with going in to see the doctor to see if there is something going on!

It is likely that the numbness is wearing off and the annoying itching is likely to get better. I have had several people tell me similar stories as they were recovering from their liposuction, and in fact when I had my Vaser liposuction done, it was like that for about a year after surgery. I noticed it when I exercised and occasionally on days when I had more swelling for whatever reason. Using compression garments on those days and when exercising seems to help; time also helps!

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Itching after liposuction

+1

At six months some of the  nerves that may have been traumatized from the ultrasonic liposuction device may be regenerating.  It is always good to see your doctor.

Itching after liposuction

+1

itching after liposuction is common and can last for upto a yr. it is however, recommended to have a consultation with your surgeon to make sure its part of normal healing.

Lipo

+1

Having itching after Liposuction is normal, the nerves are regenerating causing the itchiness and tickling. You should see your Doctor to ask what you can take to help you deal with the symptoms.

In our practice we commonly use antihistamines Benadryl.