Extreme Hunger Since Liposuction?

Every since having a big lipo procedure I have found myself to be extrememly hungry. I had my arms, abs (upper/lower), flanks, waist, inner thighs, and chin done. With fat grafting. I'm now 1 month post op and I notice that I'm just extremely hungry all the time. It seems like nothing satisfies my taste buds after eating with 10 minutes I'm getting up going after something else. I was not like this before. I was only 15 pounds overweight b4 surgery.

Appetite and hunger after cosmetic plastic surgery

+2

Appetities can be altered by your increased metablolism after surgery. Certainly protein requirements are increased and you should supplement. The antibiotics used during surgery can influence your intestinal flora and narotics can slow you bowels. All of these combine to have differing influences on patients during the surgucal process.

Large Appetite after Liposuction

+2

It is normal for your body to feel depleted after any surgery and especially liposuction.  Try to eat wisely and stay consistent or you will begin to gain weight again. 

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Hunger after liposuction

+1

It is possible that you have food pangs after surgery. Interestingly, most of my patients lose their appetite because of lack of activity for the first few days after surgery.

Hunger after liposuction

+1

Interestingly a fair number of patients mention that their hunger is less after liposuction. Your endocrine system may be somewhat off-balance and you may want to see your primary care doctor to check your resting and fasting blood sugar levels and do a urinalysis to see if there are sugar problems. Exercise may help your symptoms.

Ronald Shelton, MD