Extreme Gynocemastia Correction Techniques?

Hello, I had 4 surgical consults recently and while they all agree what I need for my lower body, they differ on fixing my breast/back area. I was presented with the widely known procedure where I would have a horizontal scar going from the front of my breasts all the way around to my back, but two of the doctors mentioned a newer technique which involved a vertical incision on the side underneath my armpit area to remedy the fat roll on the side of my breast. Is anyone familiar with this?

Doctor Answers (2)

ESurgery for extreme gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am familiar with the different procedures. It really depends on the appearance of your gynecomastia and where your loose skin is. I doubt that pulling from the side with the vertical scar down from your armpit, alone, will cure your gynecomastia.

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 32 reviews

Treatment of gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You question suggests that you have lost a lot of weight and have excess skin as well as too much breast tissue.  Without seeing a photo I cannot make a suggestion for you.  I do know, however, that there is a vertical excision technique to reduce redundant skin of the lateral chest area.  However, this will not reduce the breasts or significantly impact a skin roll that extends all the way around the back.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.