Extreme Facial Swelling After Fraxel Repair

I had Fraxel Repair done 3 days ago, and now my face is extremely swollen and my eyes are almost shut. Is this normal? If so, how long will it take before it goes back to normal, and what can I do to expediate the healing?

Maximum Swelling on the 2nd and 3rd day after the procedure

+2

Sleeping as upright as possible will curtail the amount of swelling. Having your neck done at the same time as your face will prolong the swelling for about 1 day. There is still some minimal swelling lasting up to a week or so.

Steve Weiner, MD

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Destin, Florida

www.theclinique.net

Swelling reaches maximum at 2-3 days out from procedure

+2

If it has continued to worsen, this could be a sign of a problem. Swelling usually gets worse thru the first 2-3 days, then subsides. Some patients do swell more than others, even to the degree that you describe. Your doctor should be seeing you within the 1st 3 days after the procedure for a routine follow up. Schedule a follow up as soon as possible. Hope you feel better, Dr. Groff

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist