Extraction Gap. When Will it Close?

I have had a pre molar tooth extraction and have been wearing my braces for nearly 11 months now. My braces have not closed the gap yet but my canine has moved in the middle of my 4mm gap. My dentist will not tell me when this will close?

When Will Extraction Gap Close?

+1

There are several variables that would affect the answer to your question, including goals of your doctor's treatment plan, your age and the alignment of surrounding teeth. There is a possibility that when all your other teeth are straight and your braces are ready to come off that the gap won't be fully closed. I would not worry too much about that because given time, a small gap between your second bicuspid and canine will close by itself.

Good luck!

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist