Extracorporeal Septoplasty - Very Risky? Does It Weaken the Nose?

I had reconstructive septorhinoplasty a year ago, the surgeon was a jack of all trades and did many different procedures. Initially my nose appeared much straighter but now it is just as crooked as before. I believe my original surgeon did not do enough to stabilise my septum as this is where my problem lies within the middle and lower third. I consulted with a respected ENT cosmetic surgeon and he said that I would need an extracorporeal septoplasty but it would be difficult as I am a revision.

Extracorporeal septal work

+2

Extracorporeal reconstruction of the septum requires removing the entire septum and then putting it back in once straightened. Without seeing you, it is hard to say whether or not it is necessary.

Extracorporeal septoplasty

+1

Extracorporeal septoplasty was described around 1958 by a german surgeon.

It involves removal of the entire septum and straightening it and putting it back.

in your case you has a septoplasty, probably submucus septoplasty. It would be difficult to redo anothe septoplasty without the risk of perforation. Take more than one opinion, there are other methods to straighten the nose. and the surgeon need to be familiar with all techniques.