How Much Extra is Lipo Underarm During Breast Reduction?

I'm getting a BR done in a few weeks but I was wondering about liposuction under the arm pits. I'm 4'11'' and weigh at 123 lbs and I'm self conscious that after the BR, the side fat will still hang and not make my chest look natural. I haven't asked my PS about this during the consult since I was very unprepared.

Adding liposuction to breast reduction

+1

The additional charge will be based on time.  It will be approximately $1,000 for an additional hour for OR time anesthesia.  The surgeon will charge for his time as well.  The total cost should be anywhere between $2,000 and $3,000 depending on the amount of fat removal.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lipsuction under the arms during breast reduction

+1

Hi!

If you are seriously considering doing the liposuction under your arm
pits then it may be a good idea to do it at the same time as the
breast reduction. You will save money because you will only pay one
hospital and anesthesia fee plus that would mean only one recovery and
healing process. As for pricing, it really depends what your board
certified plastic surgeon will charge you.

Good luck.

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Liposuction of breast flanks and breast reduction

+1

Usually liposuction of the lateral chest is not a covered procedure and you should discuss with your surgeon's office what he would charge for that portion of the procedure.

Liposuction during Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. It sounds like, based on your description, that you would benefit from additional consultation with your plastic surgeon. Address any concerns, including the potential for liposuction surgery, you have with him/her. You should feel very comfortable and “prepared” prior to proceeding with surgery.

Liposuction during breast reduction

+1

Definitely discuss the option of liposuction with your plastic surgeon.  Liposuction under the arms during a breast reduction is not a routine part of the procedure, so there will likely be an additional charge which will vary depending on a number of factors.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

+1

Costs vary greatly from doctor to doctor. Ask your surgeon for the answer that will apply to your circumstance.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD