I Know Having Extra Fat is Necessary for a BBL, but What Condition Should Your Body Be in Going into This Surgery?

I am 5'3", 138 lbs. I plan on getting a BBL early next yr and a mommy makeover later but don't know how to prepare physically for Pre-Op. Currently I am very flabby, and have a lot of cellulite and don't want surgery looking like this. In the last yr I have gained about 18 lbs. Would it be best if I work with weights to tone my body and get it closer to my ideal but still maintain fat by avoiding heavy cardio and eating regular meals? Or better yet, in what condition should your body be Pre-Op?

+1

The simple truth is that it is easier from a technical standpoint to liposuction a person with more subcutaneous fat than one with less.  So if you want to lose weight first, that may be fine.  You will have to make sure that the surgeon you choose is comfortable liposuctioning a thinner patient without creating contour irregularities.  Enough fat will have to be obtained to make the fat transfer worthwhile. 

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA