Extra fat or flesh in lower eye lid of the Right eye. Help me identify what is the issue with my right eye? (photo)

Hi I am 30 year old . from past 5 years i am observing an Extra Flesh (FAT) in Lower eye lid of my right eye. when i am in a stand still position the sagging of lower eye lid of the right is minimal but when i bend for 5 minutes some extra flesh pops up and looks like a bubble in my lower eye lid of the right eye. is it ptosis . my left eye is normal and its not having any issue. kindly guide me what is the issue my right eye is having and whom i need to consult to rectify the same

You actually need a personal examination to be certain what makes up this bag.

+1

WIth all due respect to my colleagues, yes this could be fat. However, it can also be your orbital rim bone and not fat. How can you tell? Put your finger on it. If it is soft and looks worse when you look up, it is herniated fat. Surgery is great for that. On the other hand if you put your finger on it and it is hard, then it is bone. Stand fat remove in that case will not help and you need other types of lower eyelid surgery to make it better.

Extra fat or flesh under right lower eye

+1

Not everyone is symmetric, so sometimes both eyes do not appear the same. If the area under your right lower eye is soft, it is most likely due to fat there, which could be removed surgically. If it is firm, it could be something else, but could most likely still be removed surgically. An examination would be needed to give you more specific advice.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyes

+1

Your eyes are asymmetrical and you have fatty pockets in your lower lids. The pictures are only fair so you really need an in person consultation to see if you are a candidate for a blepharoplasty.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Bubble under left eye

+1

You may have a small cyst or herniated fat in the lower lid of this eye.

It is difficult to tell what it is from these pictures, but I would advise that you see a plastic surgeon who can remove the bump using a very small incision. It can then be tested in pathology to find out what it is.

Beth Collins, MD
New Haven General Surgeon