Can an extra double eyelid be removed?

I already have double eyelids. but I used to wear double eyelid tape in the past which created an extra line on top of my own. I want to get rid of it, can it be done?

Double Eyelid Crease?

+1

What you described can frequently be cosmetically improved.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you may not be in your bestinterest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American
Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You
should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

It very much depends.

+1

A photo would be helpful. However a personal consultation is even more helpful.

The challenge is the precise anatomic analysis of why you have a redundant fold and what resources do you have to remove it. The second double fold generally reflects a higher attachment between the eyelid and the levator aponeurosis. Depending on the precise configuration of the eyelid and the presence of upper eyelid ptosis, it may be possible to raise the eyelid and have the upper eyelid fold to break with the second crease under the fold. Occasionally it is also possible to remove a small amount of skin to make a single dominant crease. Generally, it is not possible to remove the fold by transferring fat into the eyelid so be very skeptical of this as a proposed solution.

Can extra double eyelid be removed?

+1

It is impossible to know if you might be a candidate for treatment of your double eyelid without evaluating you in person or at least seeing pictures of you. It is possible that a surgical procedure might help to improve your issue.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon