Extra Creases on Eyelid After Strabisnus Surgery? (photo)

I had strabismus surgery a little over a month ago. About 2 days after the surgery, I noticed some extra creases on my eyelid on my left eye. Do you know what caused this and if it will go away on its own? If not, what can I do to fix this problem?

Wait three months

+1

Was the strabismus surgery done only on the horizontal extraocular muscles [lateral and medial recti] or where the vertical muscles[superior or inferior recti] also involved?

Looking at your photos, it seems to me that the left upper eyelid is slightly higher than the right upper eyelid [your right eye seems more widely open]. If this happened after surgery, it's likely that the vertical muscles may have been operated on. These muscles are intimately associated with the eyelid muscles, and as such can affect the eyelid position.

Eyelid retraction [eyelids opening up wider] will make the overlying skin a bit more redundant, thus leading to extra eyelid creases.

Downward massage on the left upper eyelid might improve things, but if after three months, it hasn't improved, then you may need surgical intervention: a combinatio of upper lid retraction repair and asian blepharoplasty.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon