I Have An Extra Crease and Roll of Skin Appear 7 Days Post Op for Upper Bleph, How Can I Get Rid Of This (photo)?

I am one week post op for UB. There is an extra crease and roll of skin forming. Dr. instructed to massage it several times a day. It's hard to massage it frequently as the skin becomes red, raw, and irritated. My eyelid is sensitive, so I can't help but be worried I'm doing some damage to the healing process. Is there a name for this complication? what is it caused by? does anyone have experience with it (did it go away, and how long did it take, what did you do to correct it)

Crease in Upper Eyelid 7 Days after Surgery

+1

I agree that it is way too early to have significant concerns and I certainly would not call this a complication.  I would agree with some gentle massage.  The eyelid skin is very thin and I would recommend maybe using some skin lotion to assist with your gentle massage of the area.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon.  

Way too early to worry.

+1

It is way to early after surgery for you to worry about asymmetry. There is significant swelling in the first two weeks after surgery, and sometimes even longer than that. Furthermore, surgical scar will evolve and soften over a period of months. I would not consider revision surgery on anyone until the 3 month post operative visit, and sometimes even longer than that. Scars can mature for up to a year after surgery. Please be patient with your body and let it heal

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Too early to evaluate results after a blepharoplasty

+1

One week is much too early to evaluate your results after a blepharoplasty.  It usually takes three or more months for all the swelling related to the surgery to resolve.  Patience is the key word.  Good luck!

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

One week post surgery is too early to see final results. It takes 6-9 months for swelling to subside. It takes time, you need to listen to your PS and follow his direction.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS