Is it necessary to have an external splint on your nose longer than 1 week post-rhinoplasty?

I went for septorhinoplasty 8 days ago to fix my broken nose and breathing in left channel. I have a nasal splint covering the bridge and also supports taped to the inside of my nose (don't know correct medical name for these). My doctor has arranged a follow up appointment in a further 8 days time, in order to remove splint and internal supports. I have a feeling 16 days total may be excessive for an external splint. Any thoughts are appreciated.

External splint on your nose longer than 1 week post-rhinoplasty?

+2
Many thanks for the question.
I am sure your plastic surgeon is right.Although one week or 10 days are enough but not as good as 2 weeks.
I respect his opinion and agree with him.
I like you to have some patience.
I wish you good luck

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

+1
   I take the external splint off at 7 days, but I am not sure how much the splint duration matters.

Splint time after rhinoplasty

+1
Typically, rhinoplasty patients wear a splint for 7-10 days post-op.  However, wearing the splint longer makes the stability of the nose even certain, and it's not unusual in a case with a lot of bone work to need a splint longer than a week.  The sooner a splint comes off, the more the likelihood of bony imperfections down the road.

Reza Momeni, MD
Summit Plastic Surgeon