Can external osteotomy be done alone?

This might be a stupid question but I had my third revision and my nasal bridge is a lot wider could I possibly undergo external osteotomy by itself to break the nasal bone back in place?

Can external osteotomy be done alone?

+1

It would be helpful to know what was done during your last surgery and how long it has been since your surgery.  Pictures or an exam would be necessary to provide an evaluation of what would be right for you.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

External Osteotomy for Wide Nasal Bridge

+1

Without knowing the details of your prior rhinoplasty history, it is impossible to offer an opinion by an unusual isolated rhinoplasty procedure...an external osteotomy. What was done in this third revision and how do you think the nasal bridge got wider?

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

External Osteotomy?

+1
In 22 years, I have never had to do an external osteotomy. Yes, it can be done this way but is an external osteotomy really necessary?

Consult your surgeon and if not satisfied, seek a second opinion.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty with wide nasal bridge

+1

It is difficult to render an opinion or even suggest a treatment without physical examination or at least reviewing some of your facial pictures. However, based on your descriptions, widening of your nasal bridge could be contributed by spreader graft placement. Please provide photos.

Kevin Sadati, DO