External Nasal Splint Looks Crooked. Will This Effect My Results?

Hi, I had a rhinoplasty 3 days ago to straighten out ny nose which was broken in a car accident. Ny septum wasn't broken, just the bones at the top were out of place making my nose have a bump on one side and twist slightly. When I got home I noticed my splint looks crooked, in the opposite direction it was before surgery. I was wondering if it would make my nose shape that way or does it just protect my nose from any knocks I may get. I'm a bit worried about it so can anyone advise me please

Crooked External Nasal Splint After Surgery

+1

Dear Tom,

The external splint could look crooked with bumps but it does not mean that your surgery went bad or being affected because if the crooked external splint.

What is important is that the bones are being held into the correct/desired place by the splint.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

+1

Not typically.  The external cast is heated up and then applied to the outside of the nose.  When this is done, it can look lumpy or crooked and does not reflect the look of the nose.

Crooked splint after rhinoplasty

+1

i wouldn't worry about the splint. Sometimes the splints don't look exactly right. Just follow yoru surgeon's instructions and you should be fine.

Ronald Schuster, MD