How to Fix Exterior Scar from a Tubal Ligation?

When I had my tubal ligation the doctor informed me that the scar would be almost in the bottom portion of my belly button and it would hardly be noticable. That is not the case.

It is about a 1/2 an inch below the bottom, is an inch thick, and puckers in on half of it because when the dressing was removed, the outside skin skin on that side had not healed all the way so it kind of puckered like lips at first and now it caves in at that point. Is there a way to fix it?

Revision may improve tubal ligation scar

+2

Sometimes port site scars from tubal ligation pucker and can create a half moon look.  This is ometimes do to adherence of the scar. A scar revison may improve this condition.