Exterernal Dip and Scar Post 3 Week Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had open rhinoplasty and septoplasty 3 weeks ago for an old obstructed broken nose. Now I have external scaring on my nose which looks like a finger indentation, it also looks like there is a tiny hole. It seems to be getting more noticeable every day. What would cause this and is this common? Thanks in advance.

+1

If you said 3 months that I would be more concerned BUT at 3 weeks PLEASE the swelling has not even had time to even out. Best to see your surgeon to discuss 

Too early

+1

Hello. At three weeks you are far from your final result. It is common for patients to be worried about the outcome of rhinoplasty surgery early on but many of these concerns can be attributed to swelling. Over the next year you will see many improvements in the appearance of your nose.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD