Extent of Mommy Makeover (photo)

I am 5'2", 110lbs, mid-30's. Gained 50% of my body weight during pregnancy. I am hoping that I am a good candidate for a mommy makeover, not sure about the extent of it though. Wondering if I'd need: (1) full vs mini abdominoplasty; (2) full mastopexy vs periareolar vs circumareolar breast lift?

NMoomy Makeover, What is needed?

Thanks for the question and the picture. It is difficult to tell what type of abdominal procedure you will need, but I would combine either a mini or full with liposuction to get the best effect and get your curves back. In addition, the lift is another difficult decision, you would certainly benefit from implants, but your nipple position appears to be "ok",  if you are satisfied with it I would do implants only, if you desire the position of your nipples/areola to be higher on your chest you would need a lift, which type is for your surgeon to decide. I encourage you to find a board certified plastic surgeon that does lots of mommy makeovers and has plenty of pictures to show you.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

4212 Bluebonnet Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70809

TT and Breast Procedure Likely, Seek Complete Consultation

It’s not unusual for women to request Mommy Makeover surgery following multiple pregnancies.Although your pictures are helpful, it’s virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation without a physical examination.
Your pictures suggest loss of breast volume with associated breast sag.Your abdomen shows redundant skin with weakness of the underlying muscles.
It’s difficult to know exactly what type of procedure is best for you.Based on the available information, I suspect you will need a full abdominoplasty augmented with liposuction of the flanks.In addition, breast augmentation in combination with a keyhole mastopexy will probably be necessary as well.
To make this determination, it’s important that you consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area.This surgeon should be able to perform a proper evaluation and formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114

Your Mommy Makeover

From your photo is appears that you would do well with abdominal liposuction, a mini Tummy Tuck, and a breast lift (maybe also implants). You will need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to get a better idea of exactly what is best for you.

Matthew Schulman, MD

950 Park Avenue
New York City, NY 10028

Mommy Makeover

It really is very difficult to tell from your photos; however, from the little I can see I would suspect that you are a good candidate for full abdominoplasty with liposuction, and possibly a mastopexy with an implant.  Again, please let me say that It is very difficult to tell without actually examining you. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

670 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Periareolar lift is not a good option. Full tummy tuck is more beneficial than a mini.

Congratulations on the weight loss.  You are at ideal body weight now.

Are you happy with your breast size?  If you are okay with your breast size, but just want them lifted, your best option is a vertical augmentation/mastopexy (implants and a lift).  The lift does not restore upper pole volume very well: implants are needed for that.  The periareolar and circumareolar breast lifts are notoriously ineffective, prone to complications, and tend to distort the areolae.  If you need a lift, the vertical ("lollipop scar") technique works the best.

Your abdominal muscle have been stretched apart and need to be realigned.  Typically we do this at the time of your abdominoplasty.  The full abdominoplasty is usually a better option, and more effective, than a mini.  I've attached a link to this portion of my website.  You might want to check out the breast lift section too.  Have you looked at plenty of before and after photos of your surgeon's work?  This is always a good idea.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

11413 Ash
Leawood, KS 66211

Extent of mommy makeover

I would be able to give you a better recommendation after direct examination.  However, based on your photo, you are a good candidate for mommy makeover.  You would have a better abdominal contour from full tummy tuck than mini-tummy tuck.  A full tummy tuck is a more powerful procedure where excess skin and fat are removed and stretched out muscle is tightened in both the upper and lower abdomen.  In regards to complexity/extent of mastopexy, you will most likely need circumareolar or circumverticallift.  

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

4185 Technology Forest Blvd.
The Woodlands, TX 77831

Ideal Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

Based on the information you provided plus your picture, I think you are an ideal candidate for a Mommy Makeover.  With reference to your Abdomen, nothing beats a face to face physical exam, however, I am 99% certain you would do well with a full tummy tuck, with correction of separated abdominal muscles (diastasis recti). 

With reference to your breasts, it appears your areolar are below your inframammary line (IML), and possibly even your nipples are below that line.  In my practice, a circumareolar or Benelli breast lift plus implants would be my recommendation.  You also appear to have fat at the front of your armpits known as axillary breast tissue.  I suction this area out at no cost to my patients because, when this is removed, it makes the breasts look better and also because this is a potential area of breast cancer which is often overlooked in the routine breast exam. 

Liposuction of your waist (hips) with the incision in your mid back will get rid of the square, post pregnancy appearance and give you back your waistline.  

Please choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area with experience in all aspects of the Mommy Makeover.  YOU SHOULD DO GREAT! 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

1221 Kapiolani Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96814

Yes you are a good candidate!

Without a full exam it is not possible to know for sure.  However,  it appears that a minor mastopexy (circumareolar) with moderate- sized implants may be sufficient for your breasts.  For your abdomen you don't appear to have too much excess skin, therefore possibly a mini or "modified" abdominoplasy, with a shorter scar, tightening of the muscles (you do appear to need that both below and above the belly button) and liposuction should give a nice result. 

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

1725 University Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33071

What to do for Mommy Makeover

You should do great. I would recommend a vertical type of mastopexy with or without implant. It's hard to say what to do about your tummy because it will depend on how much your upper tummy skin will stretch. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

10807 Falls Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21093

Mommy Makeover Options

Based on the pictures you provided, you are an ideal candidate for a full (standard) tummy tuck procedure. Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your best possible options. However, there is a big difference between a mini vs full tummy tuck.

The benefits of a full tummy tuck is it involves removal of excess loose and stretched skin and muscle repair of the rectus muscles stretched from pregnancy. Most of your stretch marks may be removed or can be brought down lower. A mini only involves repair from the belly button down. The incision is much smaller with a mini but it does not give you a longer lasting or better result. Very few women are good candidates for a mini tummy tuck.

As for the breasts, it would depend on your goals but I think breast implants and possibly some sort of breast lift. I ask patients to bring in photos of their goals so that I can discuss in more detail how to achieve their goals.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942