Extent of Mommy Makeover (photo)

I am 5'2", 110lbs, mid-30's. Gained 50% of my body weight during pregnancy. I am hoping that I am a good candidate for a mommy makeover, not sure about the extent of it though. Wondering if I'd need: (1) full vs mini abdominoplasty; (2) full mastopexy vs periareolar vs circumareolar breast lift?

NMoomy Makeover, What is needed?

+2

Thanks for the question and the picture. It is difficult to tell what type of abdominal procedure you will need, but I would combine either a mini or full with liposuction to get the best effect and get your curves back. In addition, the lift is another difficult decision, you would certainly benefit from implants, but your nipple position appears to be "ok",  if you are satisfied with it I would do implants only, if you desire the position of your nipples/areola to be higher on your chest you would need a lift, which type is for your surgeon to decide. I encourage you to find a board certified plastic surgeon that does lots of mommy makeovers and has plenty of pictures to show you.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Your Mommy Makeover

+1

From your photo is appears that you would do well with abdominal liposuction, a mini Tummy Tuck, and a breast lift (maybe also implants). You will need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to get a better idea of exactly what is best for you.

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/body/mommy-makeover/

Mommy Makeover

+1

It really is very difficult to tell from your photos; however, from the little I can see I would suspect that you are a good candidate for full abdominoplasty with liposuction, and possibly a mastopexy with an implant.  Again, please let me say that It is very difficult to tell without actually examining you. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar lift is not a good option. Full tummy tuck is more beneficial than a mini.

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss.  You are at ideal body weight now.

Are you happy with your breast size?  If you are okay with your breast size, but just want them lifted, your best option is a vertical augmentation/mastopexy (implants and a lift).  The lift does not restore upper pole volume very well: implants are needed for that.  The periareolar and circumareolar breast lifts are notoriously ineffective, prone to complications, and tend to distort the areolae.  If you need a lift, the vertical ("lollipop scar") technique works the best.

Your abdominal muscle have been stretched apart and need to be realigned.  Typically we do this at the time of your abdominoplasty.  The full abdominoplasty is usually a better option, and more effective, than a mini.  I've attached a link to this portion of my website.  You might want to check out the breast lift section too.  Have you looked at plenty of before and after photos of your surgeon's work?  This is always a good idea.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-body/procedures/abdominoplasty/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Extent of mommy makeover

+1

I would be able to give you a better recommendation after direct examination.  However, based on your photo, you are a good candidate for mommy makeover.  You would have a better abdominal contour from full tummy tuck than mini-tummy tuck.  A full tummy tuck is a more powerful procedure where excess skin and fat are removed and stretched out muscle is tightened in both the upper and lower abdomen.  In regards to complexity/extent of mastopexy, you will most likely need circumareolar or circumverticallift.  

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

Ideal Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

+1

Based on the information you provided plus your picture, I think you are an ideal candidate for a Mommy Makeover.  With reference to your Abdomen, nothing beats a face to face physical exam, however, I am 99% certain you would do well with a full tummy tuck, with correction of separated abdominal muscles (diastasis recti). 

With reference to your breasts, it appears your areolar are below your inframammary line (IML), and possibly even your nipples are below that line.  In my practice, a circumareolar or Benelli breast lift plus implants would be my recommendation.  You also appear to have fat at the front of your armpits known as axillary breast tissue.  I suction this area out at no cost to my patients because, when this is removed, it makes the breasts look better and also because this is a potential area of breast cancer which is often overlooked in the routine breast exam. 

Liposuction of your waist (hips) with the incision in your mid back will get rid of the square, post pregnancy appearance and give you back your waistline.  

Please choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area with experience in all aspects of the Mommy Makeover.  YOU SHOULD DO GREAT! 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Yes you are a good candidate!

+1

Without a full exam it is not possible to know for sure.  However,  it appears that a minor mastopexy (circumareolar) with moderate- sized implants may be sufficient for your breasts.  For your abdomen you don't appear to have too much excess skin, therefore possibly a mini or "modified" abdominoplasy, with a shorter scar, tightening of the muscles (you do appear to need that both below and above the belly button) and liposuction should give a nice result. 

Web reference: http://www.drlevens.com

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

What to do for Mommy Makeover

+1

You should do great. I would recommend a vertical type of mastopexy with or without implant. It's hard to say what to do about your tummy because it will depend on how much your upper tummy skin will stretch. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/html/breast-augmentation-procedure.html

Mommy Makeover Options

+1

Based on the pictures you provided, you are an ideal candidate for a full (standard) tummy tuck procedure. Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your best possible options. However, there is a big difference between a mini vs full tummy tuck.

The benefits of a full tummy tuck is it involves removal of excess loose and stretched skin and muscle repair of the rectus muscles stretched from pregnancy. Most of your stretch marks may be removed or can be brought down lower. A mini only involves repair from the belly button down. The incision is much smaller with a mini but it does not give you a longer lasting or better result. Very few women are good candidates for a mini tummy tuck.

As for the breasts, it would depend on your goals but I think breast implants and possibly some sort of breast lift. I ask patients to bring in photos of their goals so that I can discuss in more detail how to achieve their goals.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Mommy Makeover decisions

+1

Dear Lucine,

the most important question is: are you finished with having children ? if so, then you should discussed with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon these different options:

- If you are a busy Mom, with a busy professional and or family/social life, you should stage the procedures. Less risks, faster recovery.

- do you like your breast size ? you may consider breast implants with or without a crescent lift or peri-areolar mastopexy. You do have some degree of ptosis ( glandular ptosis ) . All lifts procedures come with the price of scars, and will minimize your cup size without implants.

- your abdomen does not look that bad. I would need to examine you of course. but you could undergo just liposuction on your entire mid-section. the plus: fast recovery, minimal downtime, minimal scars ( 1/4 of an inch ), good contouring of your flanks.the minus: it will not tighten your abdominal wall.

If this is not enough after liposuction, you could always undergo next a mini-abdominoplasty with sliding of the umbilicus. The plus: a tight abdomen. the minus: a more invasive procedure, more risks, longer recovery, and one scar in your lower abdomen.

You will need to weight in all those considerations.

Good luck,

Florence Mussat, M.D.