To What Extent Can EMatrix Correct the Sun Damage "Mask" (Melasma) on my Face?

Melasma treatment with Melarase cream

For melasma I recommend a regimen of topicals as a first line of treatment. This would include Melarase creams and a retinoid (RR Retinoid Repair) cream. This can take a year or more to improve significantly and will need maintenance therapy.

eMatrix has no role in the treatment of melasma. 

Ematrix and Melarase creams

Ematrix is not a solution for melasma. Instead, we would begin with application of Melarase creams and Retinoid Repair followed by some chemical peels. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

melasma is a disorder of pigmentation, and eMatrix is not indicated for this. Ematrix uses RF to stimulate or remodel collagen down in the deeper layers of skin. eMatrix is designed to remodel scars, and skin laxity, and improve skin tone. 

Melasma should be treated medically, however there are reports of using IPL (can flare melasma), ablative lasers, copper bromide lasers, but the best laser for melasma is that of Q Switch laser- low levels, multiple times. 

Hope this helps. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist