How Extensive Would a 'Mommy Makeover' Be for Me? (photo)

I'm 24, 5'7, 130 lbs with 1 child. I have stretched belly skin and a small umbilical hernia from pregnancy. My breasts were small and a bit tuberous. Now they're asymmetrical and saggy. The left is fuller than the right and the right areola is larger. I had wanted to get a lift but I don't think I will have enough breast tissue (I am still losing weight and toning). I don't want big breasts, just pretty, matching, cute ones. And can I do a mini tuck or with the hernia is a full one recommended?

A mommy makeover will help you achieve your aesthetic goals

+1

A mommy makeover including a breast augmentation/breast lift along with a full abdominoplasty would likely best help you achieve your aesthetic goals.  You do not need to use a large implant however, I would recommend you consider a silicone gel implant of a small size as you do not have much breast volume.  Additionally, a full abdominoplasty will help you achieve a flat abdomen.  You may require a vertical scar to close your original belly button opening in order to keep your abdominoplasty hidden in a low position.

Full Tummy, and moderate breast work

+1

A Mommy Makeover will help you achieve your goals. You will need a full tummy, moderate implant and breast lift. It is very safe and effective. We ensure safety through a proper physical exam, blood tests, a clearance from your primary doctor and a meeting with our board certified anesthesiologist. Safety should always be your first priority. A mommy makeover is a combination od tummy tuck, in which the essence of the procedure is tightening your core, then secondarily re-draping your skin to show off that tight core. The core tightening is essential because without it just skin removal is in effective. As we all know, skin stretches and will accommodate whatever the infrastructure (core) happens to be. Secondly a  breast procedure is done, usually implants to create a natural, fresh more youthful appearance. There is also some liposuction involved around the flanks and hips to really shape the visible silhouette. Given all this surgery and the general anesthesia we take extra precaution to ensure your number one asset...your health. As an adjunct I always give herbal supplements to help reduce the swelling and bruising. The treatment plans are as varied as the individuals.  Always seek a board certified plastic surgeon. After you meet him/her you will immediately know if they are the right surgeon to help you accomplish your goals.  Good luck on your procedure!!

Raj S. Ambay, MD

The Mommy Makeover

+1

Thank you for the pictures and the question. Although a picture is never as good as an in-person exam I would recommend a mastopexy (breast lift) with implants to address the ptosis (sagging) and the asymmetry. While a lift will remedy the ptosis, the implant will address will provide fullness at the upper pole (area) of the breast as well as give the breasts more projection.

From the picture provided it is difficult to ascertain whether a full or mini abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is needed. In either case the umbilical hernia can be repaired at the same time as the abdominoplasty.

Make sure that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to obtain a full evaluation, discuss your goals, and ensure that you are a good surgical candidate. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Mommy Makeover Recommendations

+1

Based on your photos, I would recommend a breast lift with small to moderate sized implants. You probably need a full tummy tuck for the best result but you are bent at the waist, so I can't tell how loose your upper tummy is. Go get some consultations. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Extent of mommy makeover

+1

Depending on what your desired look is, you will most likely need small implants along with breast lift.  Look at pre and postop photos; show your plastic surgeon your desired look.  Also, try on implant sizers to see what size breast you want to have.  In regards to tummy tuck, you will have a better contour/result from full tummy tuck.  A full tummy tuck addresses excess skin and fat as well as stretched out muscle in both the upper and lower abdomen.  Hernia repair can be done at the same time as mini or full tummy tuck.

Sugene Kim, MD

How extensive of a Mommy Makeover do I need??

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.   In regards to your weight loss, I would recommend reaching your realistic goal weight prior to surgery.    

I think a small implant combined with a circumareolar or circumvertical breast lift can provide excellent correction of your breast and nipple asymmetry with restoration of volume and shape.

In regards to your abdomen, it is hard for me to tell from the photos whether you would benefit more from a full or mini tummy tuck.

Please visit with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to make an informed decision on what procedure best fits your goals.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery!!!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

As long as you are healthy, a mommy maker including small breast lift, implants and limited tummy tuck shouldn't be that extens

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

As long as you  are healthy, a mommy maker including small breast lift, implants and limited tummy tuck with muscle repair shouldn't be too extensive of a recovery for you.  This can be done at the same time with one recovery and it is likely that you would love the results.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  Best wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover question

+1

from the photos you submitted, it appears that you would be best served with a breast lift along with augmentation to create the look you desire, as the breasts are ptotic (droopy) and lack volume.  as far as the abdomen, it does appear that some form of abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) will be beneficial, however it is difficult to determine whether or not a mini tummy tuck will be sufficient or a full tummy tuck will be needed.  Of course, further discussion and consultation with a board certified will help to determine the best procedure for you so that you will meet your aesthetic goals.  good luck

Dr. Sean Simon

Sean A. Simon, MD

#MommyMakeover Surgery

+1

From your photos, it does appear that you have a good assessment of your needs. However, it is likely that you will need a combination of several things to complete your "mommy makeover." It looks like you would benefit from a lollipop breast lift, with a small implant to give you the "perky" look you are going for. Also, it is difficult to fully appreciate your abdominal skin excess, but you would likely benefit from a tummy tuck at the same time. The hernia is something that needs to be addressed at the time of your consultation to determine the appropriate manner to correct it. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Mommy Makeover

+1

Most surgeons refer to a "mommy makeover" as a series of cosmetic surgery procedures intended to restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy. I perform these procedures as part of a “mommy makeover” for patients who want an improved figure after having children. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can take a serious toll on a woman’s body, and many moms find that no amount of diet and exercise can restore their pre-baby figures.

Procedures commonly performed during mommy makeovers include:
Abominoplasty (tummy tuck)Breast Augmentation +/- Lift, or Breast Lift only without implants, liposuction

These procedures can be performed in one stage or multiple stages depending on the patient's goals, health status and other screening criteria. After pregnancy, breasts can lose their youthful position and shape, the tummy can become stretched and lose its tone, and extra fat may get deposited in areas that are not so flattering. The plastic surgery procedures above are intended to correct those conditions and help restore your pre-pregnancy figure.

Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS