How Extensive Would a 'Mommy Makeover' Be for Me? (photo)

I'm 24, 5'7, 130 lbs with 1 child. I have stretched belly skin and a small umbilical hernia from pregnancy. My breasts were small and a bit tuberous. Now they're asymmetrical and saggy. The left is fuller than the right and the right areola is larger. I had wanted to get a lift but I don't think I will have enough breast tissue (I am still losing weight and toning). I don't want big breasts, just pretty, matching, cute ones. And can I do a mini tuck or with the hernia is a full one recommended?

Combining procedures would be a good option.

Although it’s difficult to make a specific recommendation without performing a physical examination, your pictures suggest several areas of concern.These include redundant abdominal wall tissue with weakness of the rectus muscles and bilateral breast hypoplasia associated with breast sag.In addition, your history suggests the presence of an umbilical hernia as well.
Under these circumstances, patients often benefit from Mommy Makeover surgery. This procedure is typically tailored to the patient’s specific aesthetic goals and anatomic findings.
It would appear that you’re an excellent candidate for abdominoplasty with tightening of the rectus muscles and umbilical hernia repair.
In addition, you’re a good candidate for breast augmentation performed in combination with breast lift surgery.This procedure would not only enlarge your breasts but lift them into normal position as well.In most cases, we prefer submuscular implant placement.The size and style of implant can be determined at the time of consultation.
It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area.This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

A mommy makeover will help you achieve your aesthetic goals

A mommy makeover including a breast augmentation/breast lift along with a full abdominoplasty would likely best help you achieve your aesthetic goals.  You do not need to use a large implant however, I would recommend you consider a silicone gel implant of a small size as you do not have much breast volume.  Additionally, a full abdominoplasty will help you achieve a flat abdomen.  You may require a vertical scar to close your original belly button opening in order to keep your abdominoplasty hidden in a low position.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Full Tummy, and moderate breast work

A Mommy Makeover will help you achieve your goals. You will need a full tummy, moderate implant and breast lift. It is very safe and effective. We ensure safety through a proper physical exam, blood tests, a clearance from your primary doctor and a meeting with our board certified anesthesiologist. Safety should always be your first priority. A mommy makeover is a combination od tummy tuck, in which the essence of the procedure is tightening your core, then secondarily re-draping your skin to show off that tight core. The core tightening is essential because without it just skin removal is in effective. As we all know, skin stretches and will accommodate whatever the infrastructure (core) happens to be. Secondly a  breast procedure is done, usually implants to create a natural, fresh more youthful appearance. There is also some liposuction involved around the flanks and hips to really shape the visible silhouette. Given all this surgery and the general anesthesia we take extra precaution to ensure your number one asset...your health. As an adjunct I always give herbal supplements to help reduce the swelling and bruising. The treatment plans are as varied as the individuals.  Always seek a board certified plastic surgeon. After you meet him/her you will immediately know if they are the right surgeon to help you accomplish your goals.  Good luck on your procedure!!

The Mommy Makeover

Thank you for the pictures and the question. Although a picture is never as good as an in-person exam I would recommend a mastopexy (breast lift) with implants to address the ptosis (sagging) and the asymmetry. While a lift will remedy the ptosis, the implant will address will provide fullness at the upper pole (area) of the breast as well as give the breasts more projection.

From the picture provided it is difficult to ascertain whether a full or mini abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is needed. In either case the umbilical hernia can be repaired at the same time as the abdominoplasty.

Make sure that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to obtain a full evaluation, discuss your goals, and ensure that you are a good surgical candidate. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Mommy Makeover Recommendations

Based on your photos, I would recommend a breast lift with small to moderate sized implants. You probably need a full tummy tuck for the best result but you are bent at the waist, so I can't tell how loose your upper tummy is. Go get some consultations. Good luck.

Extent of mommy makeover

Depending on what your desired look is, you will most likely need small implants along with breast lift.  Look at pre and postop photos; show your plastic surgeon your desired look.  Also, try on implant sizers to see what size breast you want to have.  In regards to tummy tuck, you will have a better contour/result from full tummy tuck.  A full tummy tuck addresses excess skin and fat as well as stretched out muscle in both the upper and lower abdomen.  Hernia repair can be done at the same time as mini or full tummy tuck.

How extensive of a Mommy Makeover do I need??

Thank you for sharing your photos.   In regards to your weight loss, I would recommend reaching your realistic goal weight prior to surgery.    

I think a small implant combined with a circumareolar or circumvertical breast lift can provide excellent correction of your breast and nipple asymmetry with restoration of volume and shape.

In regards to your abdomen, it is hard for me to tell from the photos whether you would benefit more from a full or mini tummy tuck.

Please visit with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to make an informed decision on what procedure best fits your goals.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery!!!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

As long as you are healthy, a mommy maker including small breast lift, implants and limited tummy tuck shouldn't be that extens

Thank you for your question and the photos.

As long as you  are healthy, a mommy maker including small breast lift, implants and limited tummy tuck with muscle repair shouldn't be too extensive of a recovery for you.  This can be done at the same time with one recovery and it is likely that you would love the results.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  Best wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover question

from the photos you submitted, it appears that you would be best served with a breast lift along with augmentation to create the look you desire, as the breasts are ptotic (droopy) and lack volume.  as far as the abdomen, it does appear that some form of abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) will be beneficial, however it is difficult to determine whether or not a mini tummy tuck will be sufficient or a full tummy tuck will be needed.  Of course, further discussion and consultation with a board certified will help to determine the best procedure for you so that you will meet your aesthetic goals.  good luck

Dr. Sean Simon

Sean A. Simon, MD

#MommyMakeover Surgery

From your photos, it does appear that you have a good assessment of your needs. However, it is likely that you will need a combination of several things to complete your "mommy makeover." It looks like you would benefit from a lollipop breast lift, with a small implant to give you the "perky" look you are going for. Also, it is difficult to fully appreciate your abdominal skin excess, but you would likely benefit from a tummy tuck at the same time. The hernia is something that needs to be addressed at the time of your consultation to determine the appropriate manner to correct it. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD