Should I Have an Extended Tummy Tuck to Remove Love Handles and Strechmarks? (photo)

I have some what big love handles with stretch marks...most of my stretch marks on my stomach are from my bb down so I know I want a tt to remove the stretchmarks and have muscle repair, my question is should I have a extended tt to remove the lovehandles and the stretchmarks on them..also in cost, how much of a difference in cost is there from a regular tt compared to an extended? Thanx :-)

Extended Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Understanding that my recommendation is based on very limited information about you and your goals,  I think you will be better off with an extended tummy tuck procedure. This is assuming that you wish to “remove the love handles and stretch marks on them”.

Generally, treatment of the stubborn muffin top involves excision (lipectomy) of excess skin and adipose tissue. Liposuction  surgery alone  will potentially leave you with loose skin and an  unsatisfactory result.   Liposuction  of the flank area will leave you with less than a satisfactory result  because of the loss of elasticity of the skin demonstrated by the presence of stretch marks. The residual “muffin top” may be bothersome in today's low riding fashion (for example jeans).

Of course, the downside with extended tummy tuck surgery is the extended scar;  most patients who elect to have the extended tummy tuck procedure would rather have the improved contour of the waistline/muffin top area and accept the scar which can be kept low and hidden in  swimwear and undergarments.

Please see the attached link for examples of tummy tucks as well as extended tummy tucks;  the more research you do the more likely you will be to make decisions you will be happy with.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Extended tummy tuck scar vs. liposuction love handles

+1

It would be important in your case to examine you in person to determine the optimal procedure.  Most likely liposuction would be used in your procedure to optimize the results.  The length of the scar can be discussed and extended farther out on the hip to maximize the removal of stretch marks and contour of the waist/hip area.  The tummy tuck scar over the hip area generally heals quite well, so it depends on whether you mind the scar extending out that far.. In my practice, the cost would be the same either way

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Only an in depth consultation and examination could best determine what is appropriate for your situation. Your photo is limited and doesn't really fully delineate your anatomy. With lax skin and fat of the flanks, a tummy tuck with liposuction may be a good consideration for you. An extension of a tummy tuck is not the best choice to address the "love handle" area - liposuction is.

You need to see one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area who could examine you and provide you with more relevant recommendations. 

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

+1

Very unusable photo, so you need in person examination to truly determine if an extended TT is the option for you. Seek 3 opinions from boarded PSs in your area. 

Tummy tuck and liposuction

+1
You will do well with an abdominoplasty with liposuction. The love handles can be addressed with liposuction. Extending the scar make remove some stretch marks but also will leave you with a longer, possibly more visible scar. The best way to decide which procedure is best for you is to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. Tummy tuck prices are individualized and can only be quoted after a consultation.

Extended tummy tuck to remove love handles?

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.

In theory, it would be a very good idea to remove the stretch marks from your lovehandles.  However,  what you must realize is that you are your trading stretch marks for a surgical scar.  Also you will probably not be able to remove as much skin from your love handle region  as you will in the abdominal area.  This may leave you with a number of stretch marks in the flank area despite the extended abdominoplasty.   I would suggest that you seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss these issues as well as costs. Best of luck. 

Full tummy tuck and flank liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question. Based soley on the photo you have shown, a full tummy tuck with some focused liposuction of the lateral waist and flanks should give you the look that you desire.  To be sure, see two or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area to see if you are a candidate, discuss the risks and benefits of the surgery and to determine that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps. Best of Luck.

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

Yes, it looks like you would do well with a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and liposuction of your love handles.  The length of the incision is really determined by how much skin is removed and this can only be determined by an in person consultation.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Combination of lipo/tummy tuck will work

+1

You have excess fat pocket and stretch marks. The combination of the tummy tuck/liposuction will help with both. You should get more than one consultation with board certified plastic surgeons to get more information.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Extended Tummy Tuck?

+1

If the problem in your love handles is just fat you can improve it with liposuction. If you can grab up a handful of skin in that area, it might be better to extend the tummy tuck to take care of that problem as you will get a much better definition of your waist. It is not possible to determine that on this site as an exam would be necessary. Cost varies tremendously between doctors and areas of the country so ask your local MD re cost.