Red Drainage OK After Tummy Tuck?

Had extended tummy tuck and verticle cut, drainage was dark red then cranberry-kool aid consistency now its gritty dark red

Red drainage

+1

Any change in color of drainage from lighter to darker necessitates a call or visit to the surgeon ASAP!. I would want to see this if you were my patient.

From MIAMI DR. B

Normal Coloring of Drain Fluid after a Tummy Tuck

+1
Drainage color varies as the healing processes progresses. It usually goes from very bloody to blood tinged to dark yellow with streaks of blood clots and finally to light yellow color. I would not focus on the color but would notify your surgeon if it becomes greenish and or develops a strong odor. That may indicate an infection.