Can You Do an Extended Tummy Tuck with a Butt Lift to Remove Stretch Marks on Sides?

I am planning on getting a "mommy makeover" this year and am hoping on having a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I am concerned about stretch marks on my love handle area. Would it be possible to extend the tummy tuck to remove stretch marks here? I have a fair amount of extra skin on my hips and butt. I would rather have the one scar from the tummy tuck them all the stretch marks!

Can an Extended Tummy Tuck with a Butt Lift Remove Stretch Marks on Sides

+3

While an Extended Abdominoplasty COULD be done, the reason (or as we call it the indication for having it done) you want it, the removal of all stretch marks, is not achievable. You have widespread stretch marks without a corresponding excess of skin. This limits the amount of skin that can be removed without risking too much tension on the wound and wound disruption.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Removing stretchmarks

+2

Removing stretchmarks is possible only be cutting them out.  It is certainly possible to extend your tummy tuck incision however looking at your pictures it looks like your stretchmarks are very long.  Thus unless your skin is very elastic and all the stretchmarks can be cut out and then the skin can be closed (which I don't believe is possible), your suggested procedure would not remove all the stretchmarks.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Extended tummy tuck

+2

WIthout an exam it is hard to say what would benefit you, but certainly if you have significantly lax skin laterally along your hip and buttock region, an extended abdominoplasty or even a circumferential lift can be performed to remove some of the lax tissue with the stretch marks.

Surgical excision of stretch marks.

+2

The only way, unfortunately, to remove a stretch mark is to excise it.  It is certainly possible to extend the incision to encompass some of your stretch marks, but from your picture, it would be impossible to remove them all. I have done body lift procedures on many patients with your figure and it is a very powerful way of shaping your figure as well as removing excess skin and lifting the butt. You will need to consult with a surgeon who is experienced in doing these procedures for guidance in your particular case.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Extended tummy tuck and buttock lift with breast implant augmentation.

+2

Absolutely! An extended tummy tuck with breast augmentation is possible.To some degree, you are describing a near circumferential belt lipectomy.  Some surgeons use the skin and fat that would be removed as a graft to enhance the buttocks. There are risks to any procedure especially major procedures and these should be discussed with your surgeon.

Extended tummy tuck to remove stretch marks

+2

There are a umber of different techniques available to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen and hips, and certainly it may be possible to extend the tummy tuck incision laterally to remove additional skin from your flanks and hips. You should discuss your wishes with your plastic surgeon prior to the operation so that the appropriate preparations and markings are made.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Stretch marks

+2

The Idea is good and surgically can and frequently done.

You streatch marks extend in a wide area, it is immpossible to remove all. Plus the fact that you do not have excess skin.

Though there is no treatment for streatch marks you can try two things

1: Retin A for a long time

2: find a plastic surgeon with FRACTIONAL CO2 LASER  and try fractional co2 laser on one or two of the stretch marks, if you like the results proceed. Will be very expensive

Won't really help you

+2

Extending the incision of an abdominoplasty helps remove excess skin, stretch marks, and lifts the thigh a bit as well.  From your picture, though, your stretch marks are pretty spread out and you do not have that much extra skin.  I do not think the extra length of scar will be worse the minimal result you will achieve.

Kari L. Colen, MD

Not a good candidate in this case

+2

Yes, You can extend the scar from an Abdominoplasty to help compensate for additional skin folds that patients may have and to also help remove stretch marks from the areas you are concerned about.  However, I do not see that you are a good candidate for this procedure as you do not have addtional skin in this area to be removed and the amount of stretch marks we could remove in your case would be very minimal.

Renato Saltz, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover and Scars

+2

That is a fairly common request for women considering the "mommy makeover." Extending the lateral margins of the incision to excise stretch marks and excess skin is very effective at addressing this problem. As you have already pointed out, the only downside is a longer scar over the lateral abdomen and flank.

Dr. Bledsoe

Robert C. Bledsoe, Jr., MD