Extended Tummy Tuck and I Still Have a Muffin Top- Is This My Final Result?

I am 8 weeks post op from having an extended tt, when I lay down or stand up I am flat. BUT when I am sitting I have a muffin top. Will this go down or am I stuck with this still? I can pull loose skin. My upper part of the stomach sticks out more then the bottom also. I am still wearing my binder and really don't have alot of pain anymore, just little bit of sharp stabbing pain.

Unhappy with outcome from a tummy tuck at 8 weeks

+2

Photos and an examination would be needed to provide you with useful information regarding your tummy tuck results. You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who should be able to provide you an informative answer. If you are not satisfied or sure, seek out a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Extended Tummy Tuck Results

+2

Unfortunately, without direct examination or pictures it is difficult to give you a good assessment or advice. Generally speaking, however you will not be seeing the final results of your surgery for several additional months. It may take a year or longer for the skin to “redrape".

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon and continued patience. It is likely that you will be able to increase your activity level and watch your diet carefully.

Evaluation of your results should wait until you are about one year postop.

Several possibilities

+2

There are a few reasons for the results that you describe including:

1) residual excess laxity

2) residual excess soft tissue laxity

3) residual abdominal wall laxity

Upload your before and after photo to receive more definitive advice.  It may require correction of one or more of the above issues if present.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck and muffin top

+1

I know it can be really frustrating postoperatively when you want to have a perfect contour and  have been very patient so far during the healing process.  It is so hard to answer a question like this through this format - the best person to ask is the surgeon who performed the procedure and knows what you looked like before, what your tissues are like, and exactly what was done.   8 weeks is very early to determine what the final outcome will be, as swelling continues to resolve, tissue continues to stretch,retract and remodel, and scars continue to mature over the upcoming months. 

Michelle Spring, MD

Loose skin after tummy tuck

+1

Without before and after pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  Otherwise, there really is no way to answer your question.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Extended abdominalplasty not enough.

+1

Unfortunately an extended tummy tuck might not be enough for people who have lost or gained a lot weight.  It is very common for people to have excess skin on their sides after an abdominoplasty.  Withought seeing your pictures it is hard to know if you need agressive liposuction or more likely a beltectomy.  The beltectomy will remove the excess fat and skin of the sides while also giving your butt a gently lift!  The upper abdomen I can't comment on without seeing  it.  Good luck 

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS