Is an Extended Tummy Tuck and Lipo on the Flanks with a Fat Transfer to the Buttock the Right Choice? (photo)

I'm a 20/yr old girl that has had trouble with being over weight her whole life. At one point in time i was 250 pounds(eight grade i should add) and i was, give or take, 5'2; so as you could image i was pretty large. Well, now im 5'5" and weigh 155 which is still over weight but i cant seems to lose anymore weight. I have tons of loose skin and huge love handles that with any kind of exercise i cant seem to get rid of. If I were to go with an extended tummy tuck, instead of a circumferential, would I still be happy with the results? Could you please give me your honest opinion. Also, what would it cost me?

I think a circumferential tummy tuck is your best choice.

+1
Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above. This also depends on if a circumferential, tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, and skin only tummy tuck is performed. These are usually less expensive in decreasing order.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
6. Add on surgeries are usually discounted, as in a mommy makeover.
7. Insurance. If an insurance based surgery, such as a hernia repair is done at the same time, the tummy tuck may be discounted.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

After nearly a 100 pound wight loss would I benefit from a TT, lipo and BBL?

+1

You should be proud of yourself upon losing 100 pounds. Although you are a little overweight it appears from the photos tat you meay a good candidate for an extended TT, liposuction of the flanks and the BBL. At this point I suggest that you consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience with the BBL. This is the next step to help confirm the above plan and be able to quote you an appropriate surgical fee. Please note that because you are 20 years-old any future pregnancy(ies) may disrupt the benefits of the TT.

George Lefkovits, MD

Mairrage Abdominoplasty, Brazilian Butt Lift, Mons Reduction

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  You are asking some of the right questions.  A body lift with buttock augmentation with your own tissue would be very effective but would come with long scars in a young person.  Rather than an extended tummy tuck, you would get excellent correction with a lipo-abdominoplasty with fat transfer to the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift).  Additionally, you should consider a mons reduction at the time of your tummy tuck.  This is removal of the excess tissue in the pubic region with repositioning.  It will enhance the outcome.   This combination can be safely performed together in a healthy 20 year old as long as the surgeon is experienced with this combination of procedures.  Ask to see results and share your concerns/questions with your surgeon.  Best wishes

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Circumferential Lower Body Lift with fat transfer to Buttocks

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss. I think that a tummy tuck that goes all the way around (circumferential lower body lift) is ideal . This will be like the surgical equivalent of "pulling up your pants", giving improvment in the front, sides , and back.  Also, because your butt is flat from the weight loss, you would do well with fat transfer to your buttocks at the same time. This is a very specialized procedure so you will need to find a plastic surgeon experienced in surgery after massive weight loss. It may even be worth traveling to an area where there are experienced plastic surgeons. You should expect an excellent result with a well-hidden scar.

Matthew Schulman, MD

BBL and Tummy Tuck Together.

+1

Hello.  Based upon your photos and description, an extended tummy-tuck combined with liposuction of the waist and lower back (love handles) is a good option.  This is frequently combined with a BBL in my practice.  However, one of the issues that has not yet been addressed is your age and any future pregnancies.  If you desire children in the future, your tummy tuck results may not last following future pregnancy, and this may be a reason to consider possibly postponing your surgery until after having children (if desired/planned).   Lastly, to answer your question, we offer a package price for this surgery, which includes: surgery, hospital, a certified anesthesiolgoist, overnight stay in the hospital, a garment to be worn after surgery, and office visits following surgery (up to a year).  The total package price is between $9,000 - $9,500.  Thanks.

Joseph D. Alkon, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Yes un extended circular TT plus autologus fat injections/ si un TT extenso circular TT

+1

yes you surely will need  a circular TT and your own fat tissue for butt augmentation you are a nice  candidate for  an excellent results cost oscillate between 10 and 15 thou usd everything included

si ud  requerira la circular  y es una buena candidata para un buen resultado el costo osciila entre 10 y 15 mil USD  todo incluido

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Yes, an extended Tummy Tuck and Liposuction of the Flanks with/without Fat Transfer to the Buttock seem like a very plausible op

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Yes, an extended Tummy Tuck and Liposuction of the Flanks with/without Fat Transfer to the Buttock seem like a very plausible option for you.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

Circumferential lift with liposuction. Fat transfer to the butoocks or dermis fat graft to the buttocks

Which Procedure is Best?

+1

Dear Tiffany.  If the skin of your flanks is loose, then the extended abdominoplasty/circumferential tuck is definitely the way to go.  Liposuction with fat grafting to the buttocks can also be done and this would enhance your final appearance.  My only reservation in a young woman such as yourself is that there are reports of higher miscarriages after tummy tucks if muscle tightening was performed.  Be sure to discuss this with your surgeon. 

If you look on my website, there is a woman similar to you in which I did the operation mentioned above.  It will give you some idea what you can expect.  Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon