Will a Extended Mini Tummy Tuck Get Rid of Loose Skin Around the Flanks?

Im a male 23yrs of age about 5.9ft, 73kg, I have good muscle. I lost about 50lbs & kept it off for 6yrs now. Now I'm left with a mild loose skin on my lower abdomin & around my flanks. So what I need to know will a extended mini tummy also get rid of the mild loose skin around my flanks?

HELLO

+1

Congratulations on loosing that weight and keeping it off. A mini tuck will only cover from side to side of your pelvic bone. What you need it sounds like a full tummy tuck, for a male it’s known as a (derma lipectomy) skin removal only. Without an exam it’s hard to be more accurate you should be seen by a certified Plastic surgeon to review your options.

Will an extended mini tummy tuck address the flanks?

+1

Generally speaking, a mini tummy tuck is meant to address an isolated area of loose skin and muscle in the central lower abdomen.   If the skin and muscle laxity involves the belly button or upper abdomen or flanks, we start to consider a full tummy tuck.

I would need to review your photos to offer a more detailed opinion, but it seems that you will get a more profound result with a standard full tummy tuck with liposuction to the flanks.

Dr. GIll

Paul S. Gill, MD

+1

I would have to see photos before I would concur that a mini-TT is what you need for the abdomen let alone the flanks.If you have skin excess in the flanks, I suspect you have skin excess in the abdomen that may be beyond the capability of a mini-TT to correct. 

At any rate, the extension of the incision would have to go abut 5 cm beyond the area of skin excess to be successful. 

Consider posting some photos, and you will get more useful suggestions from this site.

Thanks for the question, and best wishes.