Will a Extended Mini Tummy Tuck Get Rid of Loose Skin Around the Flanks? (photo)

Im a male 23yrs of age about 5.9ft, 73kg, I have good muscle tone. I have lost about 30-50lbs & kept it off for 6yrs now. Now I'm left with a mild loose skin on my lower abdomen & around my flanks. So what I need to know will a extended mini tummy also get rid of the mild loose skin around my flanks?

Mini or extended tummy tuck?

+1
I wouldn't do anything more than just a mini. You have a great muscular body and anything more than a min will result in a distracting scar.

Tuck may not be right for flank fullness and laxity but SkinTyte instead.

+1

Filmon:  You do not appear to have enough laxity/fullness to justify the scar of any kind of tuck.  It could be worse than what you have and not even correct what you see.  If you have some fat there, limited liposculpture may be of benefit, but this appears to be some fullness or bulge of your lateral oblique muscles and not a fat bulge.  You may be better served with some SkinTyte treatments with the BBL to tighten your skin without a surgical scar and exercises that focus on your obliques.  Your age is a plus for the effectiveness of the SkinTyte.

Myles Goldflies, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

No extended TT, try lipo

+1

You are in very good shape and not in need of a tummy tuck. Though you may want to try liposuction first as it is great for chiseling. It is certainly possible with the following caveat: A physical exam must be done to rule out a hernia or weakness in the abdominal wall (which in your case is doubtful). Your skin laxity and quality is evaluated. Your health status has to be evaluated. This can go very smooth if all the bases are covered from a medical standpoint. Safety is number one.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Liposculpture and pectoral implants

+1

You are in excellent condition, and at this point, only small liposculpture is needed.The other option is pectoral implants which add nice improvement to this area.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or any type of excision likely not the ideal solution

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  You should be congratulated for losing the weight and getting in shape.  99% of the males out there would be very happy to have your abdominal contour.  Taking that into consideration I would caution you from getting any type of excision surgery right off the bat.  I think trying out cool sculpting may reduce some if the small amount of fat that you have and that alone may improve the way you feel about the laxity that you perceive.  If afterwards you do feel like there is too much laxity below your belly button you may want to entertain the idea of removing a small segment of skin and soft tissue with an an incision right at the pubic bone.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Extended Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

If there is any excess skin of note I am having trouble seeing any.It may be that an in person exam would reveal something I don't see in these photos, but I don't see enough margin for improvement to justify a huge operation and scar. 

Thanks for your question.

Loose skin

+1

From your photos, I would not recommend surgery...you would get a small improvement for a lot of cost and permanent scar.  Many patients would love to look like your current photos after their surgery.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

From your pictures it does not look like you have loose skin. Without an exam it’s hard to be exact, Maybe a little liposuction in that area can give you what you’re looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Loose Skin Around Flanks

+1

There are three types of tummy tuck procedures that one can have. The first being a mini tummy tuck which is the removal of excess skin in the abdominal area, the second is a standard tummy tuck which will remove the excess skin and fat in your abdomen as well as tighten the abdominal wall. The third type of tummy tuck is an extended abdominplasty will is the same as a standard tummy tuck except the incision will go around the majority, if not all, of the waistline. Either one of these procedures will get the job done for loose skin around the flanks, however you should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Will a Extended Mini Tummy Tuck Get Rid of Loose Skin Around the Flanks?

+1

Thanks for posting your photos. Are you serious about trading very very little extra skin for a LONG scar? I would not operate on you if you were my patient. Please seek in person additional consultations.