What Exactly is an Extended Mini Tummy Tuck?

Hello, I am 28 and a mother of 5 children I looking into getting a tummy tuck but I want my muscles repaired I was looking into a Mini Tummy tuck and came accross EXTENDED MINI TUMMY TUCK, where the doctor actually does a Full Tummy Tuck but with the small incision like a mini ? I havent had a cosultation yet but I just wanted to if this was heard of or if its something VERY new. Thanks Athen in VA

Extended mini?

+1

This isn't a standard term.  I'm not sure what your surgeon means, exactly.

It might mean that he/she is planning a longer skin incision than usual, but only repairing things from the belly-button on down.  Or it might mean something else altogether.

Better clarify that with your surgeon, and ask why this technique would be preferable in your particular case to a standard TT.

Extended mini-tummy tuck

+1

Good question.  Many surgeons use different fancy words to suggest minimal incisions.  I know what a min-tummy tuck is and ai know what a full tummy tuck is.  extended mini?  I have no idea.

Tummy Tuck Semantics?

+1

You will find a lot of “playing with words” used as marketing in plastic surgery. Based on your history,  it is likely that you will benefit from a full tummy tuck operation.  it is possible that the surgeon who is advertising “extended mini tummy tuck” is referring to a relatively small incision.

Most well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons do not necessarily have to resort to “word games”;  be careful  in the process of plastic surgeon selection...