Opinions on Extended MACS Facelift?

I am thinking of having an Extended MACS Facelift operation in August in Belgium with the inventors of this method. Can I ask your honest opinion about this kind of facelift? Thanks so much in advance!

Opinions on Extended Macslifts

+1

Hello!! The Macslift is my favorite plastic surgery procedure. You can see the results from day one and the results are natural and take at least 10 years off the face. It basically refreshes the tired sad face that the years bring. I personally incorporate the neck into the procedure otherwise the results will not be complete. When a patient needs an extended Macslift, it means they have alot more skin that needs to be addressed and the incision can extend futher behind the ear and a little higher into the hairline. So my version of the Macslift includes the midface and neck. My patients are happy with their results because it achieves a fresh, rejuvenated look.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Extended MACS facelifts

+1

The extended MACS facelift is a vertical-type facelift. This does not address lax neck skin adequately nor does it target subplatysmal or supraplatysmal fat or neck platysmal bands.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

MACS Lift

+1

Once again, it is not the technique but the specific surgeon which is important. You should be asking what you want, what you need, and what are your alternatives, including but not limited to the MACS facelift.  Investigate your choices, so you can make an educated decision. 

MACS facelift.

+1

Hi!

This is a popular facelift technique although I don't do it.  The published results are variable and there seem to be quite a few revisions.  These surgeons are very reputable.  I would just advise getting more than one consultation.

MACS facelift is a good choice

+1

I also feel that the MACS lift gives great results through smaller incisions and with less recovery. The procedure is a "mini-lift" with maximal resuts. It is my lifting technique of choice (I perform ~two per week). It is done under local anesthesia with "light sleep" which avoids the recovery and potential side effects of both general anesthesia and intravenous sedation. I also perform their temple lift as my treatment of choice for brow ptosis. Tonnard and Verpaele have really contributed to the medical literature with thier efforts.

Best of luck.

Westborough Facial Plastic Surgeon

Great technique!

+1

Dear BELGA,

I have to say that I like the technique alot. My patient satisfaction rate after a MACS-Lift is better than other plication lifts that I perform. I have performed many more of them as a consequence. Your surgeons show excellent and long-lasting results when they show their results at meetings I attend. You should go confidently to them and treasure the results they will give you.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

MACS facelift is an excellent procedure

+1

I agree with Dr. Joseph -- it is an elegant procedure when performed on the anatomically appropriate patients.

I saw Dr. Tonnard speak at a conference in June and he was very good -- spoke as an objective Physician and not as a business man or self-promoter. Has always been very open about the technical advantages and disadvantages of the extended MACS.

Good Luck to you!

Yes, the MACS lift is an excellent technique

+1

The MACS lift is an excellent technique. This is my facelift technique of choice. the Belgian surgeon have a lot of experience since they developed the technique. My only concern with the extended MACS is that patients have a lot more swelling and this may be bother some to you.

Hopefully you will discuss this with your doctor before, so you know what to expect.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Tonnard and Verpaele from Belgium are the most experienced at MACS-Lifting.

+1

You're going to the place where MACS-Lifting was conceived. They have a wealth of experience, and appear to be top notch surgeons. It's my face lift of choice these days. I think you'll be in the best of hands.

Best of luck, and I'd love to learn about your experience in Belgium. Please write a review when you're recovered.

Best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.