Extend my Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation 9 years ago. But I still have loose skin on my lower back and want to have it removed. First I'm wondering what I'm looking at as far as price and what kind of recovery time I'm looking at. I teach high impact aerobics classes and would need to make sure I have all my classes covered for recovery.

Posterior body lift versus liposuction

+1

Thank you for the pictures.  It appears that you have pockets of fat in your flank regions, but the skin does not look damaged or loose.  This leads me to believe you would benefit from just liposuction of these areas.   I think you will get noticable results with a fraction of the down time and possible complications. I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards

Neil J. Zemmel

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Should I extend my tummy tuck?

+1

Pictures are never a substitute for actually examining a patient. That being said, from your pictures, I would not extend your tummy tuck incision.  Instead, I would just perform liposuction of your lower back and flanks.  I think if you did this, you would get the result you are looking for without the additional scarring of an extended abdominoplasty.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Extend my Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the posted photos. 

An in person exam is superior to an evaluation based just on photos, but saying that, I would recommend liposuction to the flanks, Your TT has endured well over these years. Your skin tone looks ok, as well as one can tell from photos alone. I don't see enough skin excess to justify extension of your TT to a full belt lipectomy/lower body lift.

Extend my Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thanks for the post photos. I might recommend liposuction of the flanks over an extended TT. But only in person opinions can determine which course is better for you. 

Liposuction may be all you need

+1

Based on your photos, liposuction may take care of your problem.  Of course, your surgeon will make that determination after an exam. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Imbalance trunk following tummy tuck

+1

Without the benefit of an exam I believe u could get a nice improvement with liposuction alone. Non invasive options exist but if u are expecting a more dramatic result then liposuction would be your best bet.  Good Luck

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the posterior hips following an abdominoplasty

+1

You have  a very nice result from your original abdominoplasty.  From your photographs there appears to be excess fat in your posterior hips and flanks.   Your skin tone and elasticity appear to be fine.  I would consider liposuction of these areas to achieve your goal and not skin excision. 

Liposuction or coolsculpting may be a better option

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  You may have some skin and soft tissue laxity of the lower back area but the majority of the lower back contour that you are showing in the photos appears to be excess fat.  This fat can be reduced in various ways including liposuction or coolsculpting.  Liposuction will remove more of it faster with some recovery time (you will have to wear a binder for about  2 weeks and spanks or something similar for another 2 weeks after that) while coolsculpting will have minimal downtime but may have to be repeated once to get the results that you want.  If you can swing the downtime I would opt for the liposuction route as this can be extended higher and lower than the area in question and really contour the lower back.  This fat removed can be discarded or it can be used to improve the contour of your buttocks as in a Brazilian buttock lift.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Posterior body lift can help with loose back and buttock skin

+1

Weight loss can result in loose skin of the posterior torso as well as the abdomen.  Abdominoplasty smooths the abdomen, but does not address the posterior torso, which often presents with loose skin of the hips and buttocks.  Posterior body lift can tighten this skin and lift the hips, outer thighs and buttocks.  The recovery from this procedure is similar to the 12 weeks usually recommended for abdominoplasty prior to returning to strenuous activity, such as high impact aerobics. 

Emily A. Williams, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Loose Skin in Lower Back

+1

You may have some loose skin in your lower back, but your photos suggest that liposuction of the lower back may be the best option and the easiest recovery.  With liposuction, I would not recommend the aerobics classes for at least 4 weeks.  Good luck.