Is There Anything to Make my Expression Peaceful and Serene Instead of Angry All the Time?

My eyebrow area & above my nose is constantly tense which makes me look angry all the time even when I smile. Botox relaxed the muscles & gave me a peaceful & serene look but it lasted only 2 days. I have tried botox 2 more times and it did not work. Is there anything to relax my muscles in my eyebrow area and the muscle above my nose (in between the eyebrows)? It is becoming a problem for me especially dealing with people at work with a angry expression all the time.

Botox for treating angry expression

+1

I have seen this problem in some men who have spent much time outdoors and  have been squinting a lot.. However, the Botox effect lasts longer than 2 days: Maybe 2-3 weeks.  After additional injections, it may last another 2-3 months.

For follow-up, I inject up to 45 units.  I add fillers  rarely. 

Always make sure that you are being treated by an experienced, Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Chicago Dermatologist

Botox has been phenomenally successful

+1

In all my experience, Botox has been phenomenally successful in obliterating even the most
stubborn frown lines. I would advise going with Botox injections. They will definitely help to

relax your eyebrows and give you a much less angry appearance.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

RExaed and calm facial appearance iwth Botox

+1

Botox may be an excellent option for your to appear more relaxed and calm. Discuss the methods of putting your facial muscles to rest.

Botox relaxes facial expressions

+1

Botox can relax facial expressions. By relaxing the muscles of facial expression botox can selectively make a tense expression welcoming.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Looked relaxed and serene with a little help from Botox

+1

One of the most common complaints patients have when they first come for Botox or to have the lines on their forehead/between the brows treated is that other people always think they are upset or ask them, "what's wrong?"...  Botox is a great treatment for those frown lines. Most patients begin to notice their ability to frown lessen a few days after treatment, but I have seen it take as long as 2 weeks.  Once the Botox takes effect it should have a noticeable improvement for about 3 months.  If you have not noticed an improvement after 2 weeks, or it seems that fleeting, you may just need more Botox. If what you still notice is not the actual muscles moving but the crease that remains in the skin, then you should consider consulting with your provider about fillers or laser treatments that can address the lines that are etched in to the skin as well.

Grant Stevens, MD

BOTOX only worked for 2 days

+1

It is extremely rare that BOTOX lasts such a short time.  When it does, this is usually because your injector used way too few units or potentially did not inject the right areas.

My recommendation...find a different injector who has more experience!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Botox and expression

+1

If Botox was successful for you in the past perhaps you need a different injetor to give you the result you are looking for?

Botox Best For Angry Expression

+1

From your description, it sounds as if the problem is compensation.  What I have found is that many people compensate after Botox injections by recruiting new muscles to do the job of the treated ones.  In the glabella (area between the eyebrows), the most common compensation is that  the muscle that surrounds the eye will become more active and needs to be treated.  In just about every case, when a patient comes back to my office and says 'it didn't work' it is because of this compensation. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Angry expression between the eyebrows

+1

I have personally never seen a patient who with enough Botox couldn't eliminate the frown between the eyebrows and look less angry.  Perhaps you didn't have enough injected as I have seen men who had such strong function that they needed 3 syringes to get it done.  Otherwise, you could have surgery to have the muscles removed but that is quite rare now with the success of Botox.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS