I Have Exposed Septum Cartlidge After Polyp Surgery a Year Ago. Is Any Exposed Cartlidge Normal in the Nose?

+1

No...in fact the cartilage, of the septum can die if left exposed.  You might want to go to the surgeon that did your Polyp surgery for evaluation and treatment if this is indeed the case.

No, but usually it heals and covers itself up so see an ENT

+1

No, but usually it heals and covers itself up.  So if you still have exposed cartilage there must be another problem going on inside of the nose to prevent it from healing, so you should have a visit with a board-certified ENT.

Babak Larian, MD