Expose Clitoris More? Is This Possible + Cost? (photo)

As you can see from the photos, my clitoris is basically hidden under my inner lips. I would like it to be more exposed. Is it possible to just remove the top part (highlighted in the photo) and leave the labia minora below the clitoris? I just want to remove the skin on the sides of the clitoral shaft. I don't mind having some inner lip below it. Or would it just be easier to remove the whole thing as they're connected.... And how much would this cost? Hope this makes sense.

Expose clitoris more

+2

Your clitoris does not appear to be overly covered by the lower clitoral hood or prepuce so that area does not need to be addressed. Your coverage is due to extra folds on each side of your clitoral hood. These folds can be reduced alone of in association with a labia reduction.  I first reported this technique in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery".

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Clittoral hood reduction

+1
I do not personally believe in reducing the clittoral hood out of fear of creating more frequent stimulation during activities of daily living such as during a walk.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Expose clitoris more

+1

Clitoral hood reduction may be an effective way to increase stimulation of the clitoris.  I frequently combine it with labiaplasty to achieve beautiful results.

David Stoker, MD

Clitoral Hood Reduction

+1

The labia minora (inner lips) do not appear to be enlarged, therefore it is unlikely that a labiaplasty needs to be performed. It seems from the photos that a clitoral hood reduction is all you need. This involves a crescent shaped incision on either side of the hood. I agree that it can be done under local anesthesia with light sedation if desired. I also agree that surgery should be done locally whenever possible.

Peter T. Pacik, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Clitoral Hood Removal

+1

HI,

Thanks for the excellent photos showing your goals for surgery. What you are describing is clitoral hood reduction, and this can be done easily under local anesthesia in a well equipped office procedure room. The lateral excess tissue as well as the tissue overlying the clitoris can be reduced, and this would cost around $2000. If you desire a full labiaplasty with clitoral hood reduction, then the cost is closer to $4000.I typically perform these surgeries with local anesthesia and mild oral sedation and find that it is very well tolerated by my patients.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Improving clitoral exposure

+1

Thanks for your photos but I will disagree with Dr. Stanton.  It looks more like simple excesses of your labia and you should see your local plastic surgeon about what options there are to reduce that.  Find out what the surgical plan is and then get a second opinion.  If they match, choose whomever you like better from their fees, revision policies, office staff, etc. 

When this procedure is done in my office under local, the total fees are less than $3000.  Is it worth to travel to save?  Only if you're willing to return should there be an acute post-op complication such as bleeding.  Otherwise its best to stay in your neighborhood. 

Communicate your concerns clearly and your doctor should be able to devise a plan to meet your goals.

Curtis Wong, MD

Clitoral Hoodectomy

+1

What you are requesting is indeed possible and called a Clitoral "Hoodectomy" - reduction of the redundant skin/tissue covering the clitoris and thus preventing it from exposure to sexual stimulation.  It can be done independantly from a labiaplasty but more frequently is done together to give a more harmonious result.  The typical cost for hoodectomy is $3500 and labiaplasty $4500 but only $6000 when done together (at my surgery center).  Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

Labiaplasty and clitoris hood reduction

+1

A clitoral hood reduction can be performed separately or together with a labiaplasty procedure to increase exposure of the clitoris. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS