Expose Clitoris More? Is This Possible + Cost? (photo)

As you can see from the photos, my clitoris is basically hidden under my inner lips. I would like it to be more exposed. Is it possible to just remove the top part (highlighted in the photo) and leave the labia minora below the clitoris? I just want to remove the skin on the sides of the clitoral shaft. I don't mind having some inner lip below it. Or would it just be easier to remove the whole thing as they're connected.... And how much would this cost? Hope this makes sense.

Clittoral hood reduction

I do not personally believe in reducing the clittoral hood out of fear of creating more frequent stimulation during activities of daily living such as during a walk.

332 Washington St
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481

Expose clitoris more

Your clitoris does not appear to be overly covered by the lower clitoral hood or prepuce so that area does not need to be addressed. Your coverage is due to extra folds on each side of your clitoral hood. These folds can be reduced alone of in association with a labia reduction.  I first reported this technique in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery".

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

416 North Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Clitoral hood reduction

Thank you for your question.  You can certainly reduce the skin folds adjacent to the clitoris.  This is referred to as a clitoral hood reduction.  It can be done in isolation or in conjunction with a labiaplasty procedure.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

5061 FM 2920
Spring, TX 77388

Concerns with positionof clitoris

It appears that you could benefit from a clitoral hood reduction. This can be part of a labiaplasty or also done as a stand alone procedure. Consult with an experienced surgeon, see many before and after photos and then decide.  Below is a gallery of patient results. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

4625 Quigg Dr
Santa Rosa, CA 95409

Labiaplasty for Labia Minora Covering Clitoris

Enlarged labia minora sometimes extend alongside the clitoral hood. Most clitoral hood reductions at the time of labia minora reduction labiaplasty involve the removal of this excess tissue. In some cases it is one-sided, in your case it is bilateral and prominent. In these situations, it is usually best to conduct an extended front-to-back labiaplasty the includes this excess tissue so that you are left with a contour from front to back.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

350 Kennedy Boulevard
Bayonne, NJ 07002

Clitoral hood reduction

Reduction of the secondary clitoral hood will help expose the primary hood and the clitoris and also often help with certain types of orgasms.

Susan Kolb, MD

4370 Georgetown Square
Atlanta, GA 30338

Expose clitoris more

Clitoral hood reduction may be an effective way to increase stimulation of the clitoris.  I frequently combine it with labiaplasty to achieve beautiful results.

David Stoker, MD

4640 Admiralty Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Clitoral Hood Reduction

The labia minora (inner lips) do not appear to be enlarged, therefore it is unlikely that a labiaplasty needs to be performed. It seems from the photos that a clitoral hood reduction is all you need. This involves a crescent shaped incision on either side of the hood. I agree that it can be done under local anesthesia with light sedation if desired. I also agree that surgery should be done locally whenever possible.

Peter T. Pacik, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

57 Bay Street
Manchester, NH 03104

Improving clitoral exposure

Thanks for your photos but I will disagree with Dr. Stanton.  It looks more like simple excesses of your labia and you should see your local plastic surgeon about what options there are to reduce that.  Find out what the surgical plan is and then get a second opinion.  If they match, choose whomever you like better from their fees, revision policies, office staff, etc. 

When this procedure is done in my office under local, the total fees are less than $3000.  Is it worth to travel to save?  Only if you're willing to return should there be an acute post-op complication such as bleeding.  Otherwise its best to stay in your neighborhood. 

Communicate your concerns clearly and your doctor should be able to devise a plan to meet your goals.

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Clitoral Hoodectomy

What you are requesting is indeed possible and called a Clitoral "Hoodectomy" - reduction of the redundant skin/tissue covering the clitoris and thus preventing it from exposure to sexual stimulation.  It can be done independantly from a labiaplasty but more frequently is done together to give a more harmonious result.  The typical cost for hoodectomy is $3500 and labiaplasty $4500 but only $6000 when done together (at my surgery center).  Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

9090 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90211