Expose Clitoris More? Is This Possible + Cost? (photo)

As you can see from the photos, my clitoris is basically hidden under my inner lips. I would like it to be more exposed. Is it possible to just remove the top part (highlighted in the photo) and leave the labia minora below the clitoris? I just want to remove the skin on the sides of the clitoral shaft. I don't mind having some inner lip below it. Or would it just be easier to remove the whole thing as they're connected.... And how much would this cost? Hope this makes sense.

Clittoral hood reduction

I do not personally believe in reducing the clittoral hood out of fear of creating more frequent stimulation during activities of daily living such as during a walk.

Expose clitoris more

Your clitoris does not appear to be overly covered by the lower clitoral hood or prepuce so that area does not need to be addressed. Your coverage is due to extra folds on each side of your clitoral hood. These folds can be reduced alone of in association with a labia reduction.  I first reported this technique in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery".

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Clitoral Hood Reduction

Provided that you are otherwise healthy, it is absolutely possible to reduce the extra skin that is covering your clitoris through an operation called a clitoral hood reduction.  Good luck!

Extended wedge labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction

You can have the clitoral hood reduction alone, or the "hoodectomy" and wedge labiaplasty performed together. The scars for the hood reduction would be hidden in each crease (similar to where your white line drawings are placed in the photo).

Here is the full procedure (above) in my OR.

Link below to my pricing.

Clitoral hood reduction

Thank you for your question.  You can certainly reduce the skin folds adjacent to the clitoris.  This is referred to as a clitoral hood reduction.  It can be done in isolation or in conjunction with a labiaplasty procedure.

Concerns with positionof clitoris

It appears that you could benefit from a clitoral hood reduction. This can be part of a labiaplasty or also done as a stand alone procedure. Consult with an experienced surgeon, see many before and after photos and then decide.  Below is a gallery of patient results. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty for Labia Minora Covering Clitoris

Enlarged labia minora sometimes extend alongside the clitoral hood. Most clitoral hood reductions at the time of labia minora reduction labiaplasty involve the removal of this excess tissue. In some cases it is one-sided, in your case it is bilateral and prominent. In these situations, it is usually best to conduct an extended front-to-back labiaplasty the includes this excess tissue so that you are left with a contour from front to back.

Clitoral hood reduction

Reduction of the secondary clitoral hood will help expose the primary hood and the clitoris and also often help with certain types of orgasms.

Susan Kolb, MD

Expose clitoris more

Clitoral hood reduction may be an effective way to increase stimulation of the clitoris.  I frequently combine it with labiaplasty to achieve beautiful results.

David Stoker, MD

Clitoral Hood Reduction

The labia minora (inner lips) do not appear to be enlarged, therefore it is unlikely that a labiaplasty needs to be performed. It seems from the photos that a clitoral hood reduction is all you need. This involves a crescent shaped incision on either side of the hood. I agree that it can be done under local anesthesia with light sedation if desired. I also agree that surgery should be done locally whenever possible.

Peter T. Pacik, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon