Explants Plus Lipo? Solution? (photo)

I want to get rid of my implants. They are topping out at 36DD and I can't take it anymore. My Dr. suggested "breast reduction" which is too invasive - then he said he could do an explant combined with lipo - that the shape might be a little off but they will be perky. Has anyone heard of this combo? Wont' I still have sagging skin? Plus he wants upward of $8K. Thoughts?

Breast Implant Removal and Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I would agree with other  online consultants  who recommend that you have the breast implants removed,  but avoid any other surgery at that time. I think it is very likely that you will be disappointed with the results of lipsuction surgery (your concern about “sagging skin” is an appropriate one).  The option to deflate your breast implants  (if saline) and allow for skin contraction to occur prior to making any decisions about definitive treatment/surgery is also an option to consider.

Explantation

+1

If you are sure that you you do not want to the implants, you can have them removed. After three to six months, you can determine if you like the appearance or if additional surgery is necessary.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Implant solution

+1

If your implants are saline, they can be deflated in the office by withdrawing the fluid.  This would allow you to go home and see how your breasts look.  You will be able to see how much sag there is, and whether you think a breast lift would help.  

David A. Lickstein, MD

Explants Plus Lipo? Solution?

+1

If you are sure you don't want the implants, the best way to go is have them removed and nothing else done at the time. Wait at least 3 months for your tissues to adjust and then see if anything else is necessary.They won't look good at first, but you might be surprised if you give your body a little time.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD