Explant, Lift, Pregnancy in What Order Do You Recommend?

I posted about explant & lift recently on small 32a/b breasts & it's apparent mine is not a simple case! I have 1 more question based on the answers received. Do you recommend explant before pregnancy & then a lift after to see how the breasts settle, or do you recommend going through pregnancy before explant & lift. My plan was pregnancy then explant/lift, but not so sure after the responses. I've been through 1 pregnancy & minor breastfeeding with implants and they held up very well. Thank you

Priorities

+2

You should complete your pregnancies, breast feeding, have your weight stablize and then consider doing the implant removal and lift.  This is the logic order to minimize the amount of surgery and complications.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

When to do surgery

+2

It is generally better to limit the number of surgeries so you are probably best off going through pregnancy. After you regain your strength and lose the weight that you seek, then do the breast explantation/exchange and lift.  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Redo Breasts After Surgery (leave them alone before)

+2

Go through pregnancy first, then wait until you have stopped breast feeding for several months and your breasts and body weight is back to baseline. You can then do an implant exchange and mastopexy (breast lift). I see no significant reason to remove your implant before pregnancy. The less operations the better in my experience.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast lift and pregnancy

+2

You should consider pregnancy with or without braest feeding, wait 6-9 months until you have lost all the weight gained during pregnancy then consider explantaion and uplift or do explantaion , wait for few months and reassess your braest shape to see if you need braest uplift or not. This is the best sequencial choice.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Timing of explant

+2

There is no single correct answer.  You will be better able to assess the affect of the hormonal/weight changes of pregnancy several months after you deliver.  It might be nice to wait and see how much of a lift you need, etc.

David A. Lickstein, MD