Explanted 3 Weeks Ago Will The Tuberous Look Improve?

Concerned with aesthetic outcome. Had 300cc round saline implants. Incisions look croocked and flatness all around looks ackward especially at incision site. Right breast has deep wrinkle on lower pole. Pre-BA i was "cone shaped" now I look tuberous. The PS I chose does more implants than explants, concerned that outcome might have been better with PS that has more explant experience. Will appearance improve?

Breast appearance after surgery

+2

You may want to let the tissue swelling resolve for 6-8 months before making your final judgement.  Then, if the appearance still bothers you I would recommend seeing another plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Breast Implant Removal - Explanted 3 Weeks Ago Will The Tuberous Look Improve?

+1

In general, breast implants take what you have, and make it larger.  That's about it.  So if your breasts have a certain look beforehand (flat, pointy, etc) they will look that way, but larger and with an implant at the base.

Someone who truly has tuberous breasts typically needs more than just implants - you need to have the breast capsule opened (radially, from underneath the breast tissue) and you may have to have something done to the areolas.  You may choose not to have all of these things done, but they should, ideally, be part of the discussion before proceeding.

At this point, things look like they're healing fine on their own.  You should, of course, remain in touch with your plastic surgeon, or another, throughout this entire process but I'm not sure that there's much else to do.  The incisions will continue to heal and will eventually become less noticeable.

My guess is that if you compare your current appearance with your pre-operative appearance, they will ultimately be very similar.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast implant removal

+1

It is likely given your history they are breasts  will look very similar to what they looked like prior to the  initial surgery. As the skin contracts (bounces back)  I think you will see the resemblance of your breasts, when you check out your preoperative pictures.

I would not  the concerned about the “explant experience” of your surgeon since all plastic surgeons will have much more experience with breast augmentation rather than explantation.

Tuberous?

+1

You clearly look like you have a moderate tuberous deformity and it's hard to imagine that you didn't have this before surgery as well. With no scar around your nipple I'm not sure the surgery you had was aimed at correcting this at all and I wouldn't expect this issue to correct by itself over time.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Implant issues

+1

More than likely your breasts will look similar to what they looked like before surgery, especially if they were fairly new implants.  Check your pre-op photos.

Breast implant explantation

+1

Compare your pictures before the Breast Augmentation, after breast augmentation and the pictures after explantation.

You probably had a TUBEROUS breast to begin with.

Was the capsule removed?

Did the surgeon use the same augmentation scar?