Should I Have Explantation at Two Months?

I am 7 weeks post op ( silicone 400 cc's). i was a small B before surgery and now i want them removed. I am truly not happy and i felt more comfortable prior to my surgery. Would it be logical to remove now? Also, anesthethic speaking, will they be similar to my pre op since its been less than 6 months? ( capsule removal necessary)?

You Should Be Fine

+2

I suggest that you review this decision with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before you explant your implants.   If you still wish to do it than I expect you will look very similar to how you looked before surgery.  Of course you will have the scars from the incisions.   The capsule does not need to be removed.

Good Luck!    Dr Grant Stevens  

Definitely wait!

+1

It will never hurt to wait another month or two before you make a final decision. There is usually no permanent changes to the breasts if you decide to change size or remove the implants. You should discuss this with your surgeon and/or get a second opinion. To remove them is a simple operation that can be done under local anesthesia.

Arturo Guiloff, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal at 7 weeks

+1

I recommend you hold off until you have had at least 3 months with your new figure.  Change is always hard and it can take some time.  If you've given yourself enough time and still want them out, my guess is that your breasts will look quite similar to how they looked pre augmentation because the implants have not been in a long time, the implants aren't huge and you haven't had weight changes or pregnancy.  You may also want to consider smaller implants?  Good luck.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Unhappy with Breast Implants...Observation May Be Best

+1

You are only several weeks after your breast implant surgery and are unhappy with your result.  However, you don't indicate what your concerns are that make this an unsatisfactory breast implant result.  

Generally I would suggest that you should wait,  allow your swelling to go down, and the implants to settle before deciding on additional surgery.

You should go and speak with your board certified plastic surgeon about your concerns, so that you can be evaluated, and have a full and informed discussion of the treatment options.   

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Wait Before Early Breast Implant Removal

+1

Well, there is no real reason why you couldn't have your implants removed after 7 weeks.  However, changes do occur during the first several months or so that may change your view.  It is very uncommon for a women to have her implants removed and not replaced.  I would recommend that you wait before having your implants removed.  You need to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Removing implants

+1

It is difficult to predict what the final shape of the breasts will be soon after removal.  It is likely that they will boudce back to where they were before because it has only been 7 weeks.

Breast implant removal

+1

You need to have a long detailed consultation with your boaed certified plastic surgeon. Expolore the psychlogical issues of explantation, the financial issues, the risks of the surgery, and  the final effect on the breast shape. as for removal of capsule yes the capsule should be removed otherwise you will run the risk of seoma in the pocket