Explantation Due to Chronic Muscle Pain in Back of Head and Neck?

I have had my saline implants for over 2 years. Since then I have had chronic burning in the back of my head. I've been on muscle relaxers for almost a year. When I lift my breasts for a while my pain subsides 90%. Is this common? Considering having them removed in hopes of being pain free again!

Neck pain and breast size

+1

Just like women who have large breasts and complaine of neck and back pain, so too can a patient with large breast implants.

Large Implants may equal back pain

+1

It sounds like that your implants may be fairly heavy and could exert pain on the muscles on the neck and shoulders.  Removal may improve your symptoms other causes may of neck and back pain should be explored.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast implant removal

+1

lARGE BREASTS CAN CAUSE PAIN IN THE SHOULDERS, BACK AND NECK.

iF YOUR SIZE WITH THE IMPLANT IS TOO LARGE IT MAY BE THE CAUSE OF YOUR PAIN.

yOU NEED FULL WORK UP FOR THE PAIN BEFORE CONTEMPLATING EXPALNTATION.

Consult a Board Certified plastic Surgeon for advise and treatment options. Discuss what the effect of removing the implants will have on the shape and size of the breasts before surgery

You may need multiple surgeries to achieve a good cosmetic result. Also the pain may not improve even after explantation

Large breast implants can cause the same symptoms as overly large breasts.

+1
Women with naturally large breasts can have symptoms in the neck and back similar to what you are describing. It can be a lot of work to hold up the head and back against the constant weight of the chest. It is possible that your implants could cause the same strain. Your symptoms may be worth a consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon