Likely Results of Explant?

I have spoken to a psychologist and we determined that I was not mentally prepared for breast augmentation and I prefer to be back to my natural state. I have been battling emotional issues on the explantation, I am terrified and on meds because I am afraid I will never get through this.

I have 400 CC's, under the muscle, 9 weeks post op, and I was a small B before my augmentation. I use to lift chest weights, im not sure if that will help. Any predictions on my results and recovery?

Breast Implants Can Be Removed

+2

You certainly can have your implants removed after nine weeks.  The skin may be a little stretched out, but will contract after the implants are removed.  Your recovery should be easier than the augmentation.  Once removed, you will not have to worry about them at all!  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and let him and your psychologist help you through surgery.

Removal of breast implants

+2

Breast implants can be removed at any time. It is better the closer after surgery for the pocket has a better chance of closing and you regaining your appearance before the implants. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Early implant removal

+1

You are obviously going through a difficult time. While removing implants after nine weeks is possible and fairly easy (all you are left with are the small scars and the stretched tissue which should settle and contract back), if you were my patient - I would ask you to give it more time. After all, once you get used to them, you may not want them removed at all. If you were still adamant, say after 6-9 months - of course it will be equally easy to remove them then.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal

+1

I recommend giving it a few more months.  Any sort of body change can be stressful, even if it is a change for the better.  I agree that 6 months would be a better time to make any decision unless you are really at your wit's end.    If you decide to have your implants removed, your breasts will likely return to a similar size and shape as they were preaugmentation.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Early Fear of Breast Implants : A TEMPORARY ANXIETY ALWAYS!

+1

In my 30years of breast enlargement surgery surgery I have had numerous patients develop an early fear or dislike of the implants.  I have worked with all of them and convinced 100% to keep them in for at least 6 months or longer.  After six months not a single one wanted the implants out.  You are experiencing a sort of early buyers remorse of implants.  DO NOT REMOVE THEM FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE.   THIS WOULD BE REDICULOUS.  Keep and enjoy them and forget you have them.  They will become you and you will be delighted.  This is an early phenomena and it will pass. Keep the implants for 6 months and you will keep them forever.   If a psychologist says remove them get a second opinion psychologist.   KEEP THEM.   YOU ARE GOING THROUGH A COMMON EARLY ANXIETY THAT WILL PASS.   ENJOY YOU NEW LOOK.  YOU HAVE JUST HAD ON OF THE GREATEST SURGERIES PLASTIC SURGERY HAS TO OFFER!    MY BEST,  DR G COMMONS

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon