Should I Explant? How Will I Look, Will I Be Back to Hating my Boobs?

I am 24 and always wanted a bigger bust so I got my ba 4.5months ago.I was a small 34B and got400cc dual plane.They are the silicone gels.Since the first week I have been really depressed about my decision, unhappy with what ive done. Although they look good, I feel so stressed out about having them.I want to be happy with my own body and definitely dont want to worry about these, they freak me out!I am pretrified how I will look after, I had constricted breasts.Every1 says ill want them back in

Post-explant breast look.

+1

It is normal to experience some body image concerns following a big change in your appearance, particularly going from a constricted breast deformity to large implants. Removing the implants will return you to your previous breast shape and size. However, more concerning is your description of your emotional response to your surgery - "really depressed", "freaked out", "unhappy with what I've done." Prior to making any decisions regarding surgery, having a consultation with a psychologist or psychiatrist can help you identify if further surgery is right for you, and whether any breast operation is going to make you happy.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Removal Indicated?

+1

Given your description of your emotional state,  I would respectfully suggest that you seek counseling prior to making any further decisions about surgery. In the one paragraph description of your situation you have used statements such as “really depressed”, “unhappy", “so stressed, “freak me out”, “petrified”;  I think further surgery is not indicated at this point-  counseling is.

Implants

+1

You did not give a reason why you want them removed?  If you do remove them the breast may look flat and may take on a bit of a constricted look if that is how they looked before placing the implants.

Implant Removal

+1

It sounds as if your were not ready to make the decision to have a permanent change to your countour with the implants. If you take them out I think they will look pretty much like they looked before surgery and I'm sure you will like them just as much as you liked them before surgery, which sounds like not at all. I think you should avoid any more surgery until you can find tme to speak with a counselor.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

If you were unhappy before what would make you happy now?

+1

The question really comes down to what you thought of your breasts prior to surgery.  You didn't like your breasts enough to go have surgery.   If you take them out, they will often look somewhat more stretched out than prior to surgery and in addition now you will have scars that are permanent without any gain.  You really need to do some soul searching and decide which way you would be happier.  I would encourage you to wait a few months and perhaps enjoy the Summer with them prior to making your decision even though the longer you wait the more they do stretch around the implant.  I would also suggest you speak to your surgeon in detail about what your breasts will likely look like.

Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon