Explant/Lift at the Same Time.

I want my implants removed, and am pretty sure I'll want a full lift, too, as I have larger implants and a decent amount of natural tissue. (saline, high profile, 500+cc's) Is it typical, or unusual, to have the explant and lift done in the same operation? ( I can't afford more than $10,000, so doing it in 2 stages would probably not work for me, and I'd need to just explant w/o a lift if staging is most prudent.) I apologize for not having pix. Just wanting to know if combining is safe/common.

Breast Implant Removal and Breast Lifting?

+2

Although not possible to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures, it is generally possible to have breast implants removed and breast lifting done during the same operation. I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience with this operation.

Breast Impant Removal and Breast Lift

+2

Hi,

Yes, both procedures can be done simultaneously.  Having stated that, you may be suprised how much the breasts shrink after implant removal, especially if you have a decent amount of natural tissue.  A lot depends on the condition of the tissues and your age.  That procedure is easy and should  be relatively inexpensive with little down time.  An added benefit is no more scars.  So if you're not sure, try this first, wait 3 months and them decide if you need the lift.

John Borkowski, MD
Hartford Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal and a lift

+2

Certainly implants can be removed and it is possible to do a  lift at the same time provided that you have a fair amount of tissue.

One or two steps

+2

One issue may be the position of your implants and how that might affect the blood supply to your nipple/areola if a full lift is required.  Typically, in a healthy patient, who is a nonsmoker, this option can be considered.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Can you have a breast lift with implant removal

+2

Typically you can do this if you have enough breast tissue. If your capsules had to be removed and there was concern about the blood supply to your breast skin and tissue, a two stage approach may be recommended.

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Breast implant removal with a lift, now or later

+2

The issue with a breast lift is the scar, and it can be difficult to know how the skin and breast will reshape after the implants are removed. If you are certain you can live with the breast scar, and feel you can only afford the lift if done when your implants are removed, then this seems your solution. The combination is safe.