Explant? Downsize? (photo)

I had 325cc silicone implant placed under the muscle over a year ago... while I think the surgeon did a great job my breasts have grown after and I think my final result is way too big, my body is so small 24 inch waist 5'2 and my chest is now 32DD-E. I feel like im just all boobs :( anyone have any advice about downsizing/explant? If I downsize I want to go a significant size smaller, my PS said I would likely need a lift... is there any chance my breasts will look normal after explant/downsize

Explant? Downsize?

+2

Your original breasts did not require a lift, and it has only been one year.  Therefore, a lift would not usually be required.  However, they now appear to have more droop.  Just by looking at the pictures now, a lift looks necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast implant revisions and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-revision-photo-galleries.php

Remove or downsize implants?

+2

Since your implants have been in for a relatively short while, the breast tissue has probably not changed very much. If you just remove them, there is a good chance that you will look pretty close to how you looked at the very beginning. If you still want to have some degree of increase in overall size I would suggest you stay in the range of 220-250cc based upon your body size. This will put you in approximately a "C" cup.

Diana L. Elias MD

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Explant? Downsize?

+1

Even without considering downsizing you might be considering a lift based on the current photo, so I think a lift would be good advice were you to downsize. How much is a difficult decision. New implant patients can try on implants. Patients wanting larger implants can use various volumes of padding to have some idea of how much more volume might get to the goal. No much mechanical aid for downsizing.

As a rule, less than 100cc is not likely to be enough of a change. I would be considering 200 or 225 cc, probably with a lower profile that what you have now. Your breasts should look normal, but with added incisions. 

All the best. 

Breast implant exchange and lift

+1

Yes, it is very possible to require a lift with smaller implants. The view is not great but it looks like your nipples are low with the large implants now.

Breast Implant Removal/Downsizing Concerns?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with precise enough advice. These types of decisions are quite personal and advice given should be provided after careful history, physical  examination,  and a full communication of your goals, psychosocial situation...

Having said that, based on your pictures, I would guess that you are young and have relatively good skin elasticity. Therefore, based on this limited information, I think that your breasts can will “bounce back” nicely if you choose to downsize breast implants.  Whether the breast implant “pockets” should be modified during the downsizing process will also need to be considered.

I think you will do best with in person consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons;  think about your goals carefully and communicate these goals with your chosen surgeon. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures during this communication process. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you go through this thought process.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm