Explant and Lift on Breasts my Size?

I have 350cc implants & am a 32d. I have a full lift on 1 breast. Outcome was optimal (thin, white scars). Would like to explant because I prefer small breasts & do not want future surgeries. Would like to know if it is possible to lift & shape small 32a/b breasts? I like the look of natural breasts this size but don't know if it's possible to shape them once they've sagged. I've seen an explanted & lifted 34b that was reshaped beautifully by a surgeon but I have not found any smaller.

Breast Lifting after Breast Implant Removal?

+3

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you accurate advice without direct examination. Generally speaking however, it is possible to further lift the breasts after breast implant removal.  Make sure you do not end up disappointed with  the size/fullness of the breasts after breast implant removal.

It would be in your best interests  to seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

Explantation and a lift

+3

Certainly the implants can be removed.  Often with small breasts, a lift might not be necessary. Some even delay it until things settle down. Without an exam it is difficult to say.

Difficult but not impossible breast reshaping

+3

It is possible to achieve a good result with either a staged explantation procedure where the implant is removed first if it is silicone, or deflated if it is saline.  The remainder of your breast tissue and then sculpted into a nice shape.  I would recommend using Strattice contour as an internal bra to accomplish support and a very nice result.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Reshaping Breasts with a lift after Explantation

+3

Without a doubt one of the more challenging procedures is obtaining an aesthetic breast shape following explantation with significant downsizing. There are multiple reasons for this including managing the large amounts of skin excess, as well as repositioning and reshaping the remaining breast tissue which has been thinned and repositioned by the implant. As Dr. Rand indicated, this procedure puts great demands on a surgeons talent and artistry. One trick that can be employed in this situation to help improve the outcome if you have a saline implant is to do a needle deflation of the implant several months before the removal. This will allow the skin to naturally retract to some extent (the degree of retraction varies but is sometimes impressive), and this can allow for better shaping when the lift is done several months later. There is, of course, a period of unattractive deflation, but this can be a worthwhile tradeoff for a better long term result.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Can removing Implants and Lifting look good?

+3

Removing implants and lifting at the same time can be a difficult proposition. Often times if implants are in place for a long time the tissue can becomed thin and breast tissue is compressed. I will often add some fat to the breast durring a lift not for cup size increase but to mold and shape the breast. I encourage you to visit someone very experienced in this procedure and discuss at great lengths the possible results.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Yes it can be done

+3

We often remove implants and then do a mastopexy or lift on the remaining tissue. You have to have enough of your own tissue to be able to do this and a board certified plastic surgeon should be able to help you decide on this.

Good luck with your surgery,

Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Lifting the deflated breast

+2

Breast lifting without adding implants for volume is a sculpting operating using what tissues you have to give you the best possible result.  No 2 surgeons are alike in their talent and artistry for this and no 2 patients are alike either.  The main problem you can get into is in the patient who has become so deflated that there just isn;t anything to work with.  It is like trying to shape a souffle, just no nature to it...

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast implant removal and lift

+1

It would be helpful to see photos to better answer your question.  If you have saline implants, an option would be to pop the implants and let them deflate.  This way you will have a good idea what the breasts will look like if the implants are simply removed with no other work done.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD