Can Anyone Explain Why There is Bubbling of Implant at Armpit on Left Breast? (photo)

I had implant replacement with lift 6 months ago & the left breast has never been right. A portion of the implant appears to bubble out at the armpit. Could this be why the left breast appears smaller than the right breast? Additionally, the left breast hangs in comparison to its rh counterpart. I'm curious to know what a proper course of action would be to fix rather than "bandage" the issue given this information. Will a skin trim would fix it?

Breast "bubble" and persistent ptosis.

+1

From the pictures provided, it is impossible to give you an exact reason for the "bubble" you are experiencing. This can be everything from thin tissue in that area to a healing capsulotomy area. As for the ptosis, you will likely need a revision of the lift with removal of the skin. Tightening of the left breast skin should give you the appearance of a "fuller" breast approximating the look of the right breast.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Bubbling implant

+1

You do have a concavity but its difficult to know what is causing it.  And your lower pole is too long on your left side.  A revision can help tighten the left breast and if you concavity is not related to implant malposition, you could consider fat grafting to fill it.  You should be discussing your options with your surgeon and hopefully your surgeon has a reasonable revision policy.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast assymetry after mastopexy and Implants

+1

Looking at the photographs, it appears to me that your left implant is laterally displaced. After 6 months post-op tis is usually due to capsular contracture. The vertical scar is also longer on the left side. Please talk to your surgeon, this can be corrected. Good luck! 

Raj Chowdary, MD
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Breast differences

+1

The left breast appears a bit lower than the right and may need a tightening. As for the area in the axilla, it may represent the implant displacing. Best to be seen in person.

It is a capsular contraction you wont need revision might be corrected medically/ puede ser corregida medicamente sin cirugia

+1

this contracture it is veery usual might be corrected properly with medicines  without  another surgery

esto es muy comun debe ser corregido con medicinas no amerita otra operacion

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry following breast augmentation / lift

+1

Your asymmetry seems to be related to implant malposition and excess breast skin below the areola on the left side.  You could have a capsular contracture problem on the left as well.  Possible treatment would included a revision of the implant capsule, adjustment of the implant volume and revision of the mastopexy

You need in person examination

+1

I am sorry about experience with your breast surgery. You will need in person examination to evaluate the implant position. Your left breast has less projection and more sagging and this may be due to implant herniation to old pocket.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Can Anyone Explain Why There is Bubbling of Implant at Armpit on Left Breast?

+1

Without IN PERSON examination I think your issue is a too large lateral pocket causing the implant bubbling. Seek in person opinions 

Breast Implant Displacement into Axilla?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Based on your description, it is likely that you are dealing with a breast implant displacement/malposition problem. These types of problems are often corrected using internal suture techniques (capsulorraphy);  the procedure will likely involve “repair” of the breast implant pocket in the area where the breast implant is currently displacing.  Sometimes, the use of acellular dermal matrix (allograft)  may also be helpful.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about revisionary breast surgery.

Over dissection of the pocket can lead to unwanted volume distribution after breast augmentation.

+1

In my opinion it looks as though the axillary dissection for placement of the prosthesis is a bit far on the left side. This could explain why there is a protrusion in that area which will remove some of the volume rate is desired. You need to bring this up with your plastic surgeon.