Can Someone Explain What Happens when Nose Shape is Indented from Squeezing Nose?

My surgeon did an excellent job with my rhinoplasty and I feel like I ruined my final results by always squeezing my nose their is an indented finger print on the side of my nose where I was squeezing and it has not got better. I did this when the cast was removed. Can someone explain if it will go back to the way my doctor made my nose? I talked to him but he didn't see it and couldn't give me an answer the problem is that I don't live in the same city as him. I'm very worried please help

Swelling indentation will go away, bone or cartilage movement may not

+1

Thank you for the question.  If the indention that has resulted from you pushing on your nose is pressing out the swelling in that area then it will get better on its own.  If you have accidentally pressed and shifted bone or cartilage then the indentation may not improve unfortunately.  You may have some options for correction including fillers in this area, closed elevation of the indentation, or open rhinoplasty.  At this time, if your plastic surgeon cannot see the indentation that you are referring to it must be fairly shallow/small.  Either direct examination to determine if close repair is needed or waiting and seeing if it will get better on its own is likely the best course of action.

Dr. Remus Repta

+1

Dear Mila,

It is hard to know what is going on with a indent that is so subtle that even your surgeon can't see it.  If the tip was manipulated by pinching too early, then the cartilages may have shifted before having time to fully heal and stabilize.  This sounds like it is very hard to notice, and maybe you should consider leaving it alone, or having filler material injected into the 'indent' if it is really bothering you.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon