Expert Suggestions to Achieve Desired Breast Size? (Photos)

Im hoping to have BA, the PS Ive seen has given me a ball park of sizes. Just lookin for a second opinion to make a comparison to his expertise. I would like a look similar to the photographs shown below. Given my starting point in the first picture, what would be some recommendations on CCs and Profile to achive a similar end result to the pictures? Would my slight asymmetry call for 2 different size implants? 5'3 115lbs bwd 14 rib cage 29 Thank your for your response :)

4+1 steps to choose the ideal size of your breast implants

+8

I think your question is very interesting. You have given the FIRST and more important step: the clue to your plasting surgeon to allow him/her to understan your desire.

After this, in my experience, there are 3 more steps in order to achieve your desired final result:

• SECOND: Based on  measurements, your surgeon will take photographs, on which he/she will be able to explain the different options (shapes, sizes, ..).
  • THIRD: The use of Biodynamic software (Natrelle-Allergan/European Union) that allows you (using different sizers in your bra) to see in a mirror the different options, clarifies most of the doubts.
  • FOURTH: I think it is useful to use virtual simulation software. We use eStetix (Crisalix), but both Vectra (Canfield) or Axis Three, will help you to visualize how you will look with different breast implants.
  • FIFTH: Plastic Surgeon's advise

In my experience, we have achieved maximum patient satisfaction with final results with this 4+1 step guide:

• Patient desire / choice
  • Clinical examination and measurements
  • Biodynamic
  • eStetix / Vectra / AxisTree
  • Surgeon advise

In your very concrete consultation (as I suppose you want concrete answers apart from the theory) my advise would be:

• ANATOMIC IMPLANTS (Rounded are also possible, but final result would be less natural). Allergan Style 410MM 280 to 320 grs (cc). Exact size depends on concrete measures...
  • DIFFERENT IMPLANTS. I think the best option would be to choose the same "width" and "height" in the implants, but with different projection; the left breast (right in the photo) needs more "projection" in order to achieve simmetry with the right side.
  • SUBMUSCULAR - Dual I. (if not contraindication)
  • INFRAMMAMARY APPROACH (Periareolar and axilar also possible)

Good luck!

Spain Plastic Surgeon

How to achieve desired breast size

+2

You have a lot of complicated answers to your question!  Your surgeon needs to match the volume (breast size your are looking for) with the width (bwd) to decide on the proper implant.  Are you desiring saline or silicone implants?   The volume difference you have can easily be adjusted with a saline implant.  Your photos don't reveal the true difference between your two breasts, but if you are having silicone implants it might need to be corrected with two different size implants.  This can only be decided by the surgeon who performs a physical exam.  Based on the information you have given, I would think the size implant you are looking for is somewhere between the 300cc and 350 cc volume.  However this can not be decided upon exactly without a physical exam. . and seeing frontal and oblique (from the side) photos of what you are desiring.  You should be looking at a moderate to moderate plus profile implant if your true breast base dimension is 14 cm.  A high profile implant will give you a much wider space between your breast, and look unnatural.

Diane L. Gibby, MD

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Committing to an Implant Before Surgery is Foolhardy

+1

Hi there-

If you think about this for a second, you will understand... and understanding is the key to learning and success, right?

Fundamentally, the reason you are pursuing this (breast augmentation) is because you would like to achieve a certain appearance, right? This is reinforced by the fact that you've actually posted photos of an outcome you would like for yourself.

Further, it should not be difficult to understand that the final appearance of your breasts is going to depend on the INTERACTION between your individual skin (which is exactly like no one else's), your individual breast tissue  and muscle (if the implant is going to be placed under the muscle- and again both are like no one else's), AND the implant selected.

Because NONE of these individual variables can be understood without examining you- and I would argue that even then they could only really be understood at the time of surgery, it is in my opinion that advising you on an implant without examining you is irresponsible, and that your best bet if you want to be happy is to show your surgeon the photos you've posted and ask them to choose the implant at the time of surgery- AFTER they've gained an understanding of your individual tissue and skin characteristics.

I hope that makes sense and that you achieve the lovely breasts you desire.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Selecting breast implants

+1

Online opinions regarding breast implant size is not equivalent to an in person consultation and examination. If you want another opinion, you may want to seek 1 or more additional consultations from plastic surgeons in your area. However, realize that you may obtain 3 different set of recommendations that can be even more confusing for you.

Select the plastic surgeon with whom you are most comfortable with and who should be a reputable board certified plastic surgeon. Ultimately, I would have your PS make the final decision on the implants intra-operatively based on your expressed desires.

Good luck!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Breast Implant Size

+1

Hello again Crys3617,

As I said yesterday, because of the differences in nipple areolar position and the apparent increased projection of the left breast with the extra skin apparent below the areola, it is likely you will need two different sized implants.  Additionally, the BWD seems wider on the left.  This is not an unusual situation, and I place asmmetric implant sizes frequently.  However, as the others have said, intra-operative sizing is crucial to be certain what size or sizes will be needed.  Just to let you know, I think the 339 style 15 should get you close to your goal photo.

Your multiple posting tell me you are very anxious about this, so you should visit a few more surgeons to be sure or discuss this again with the one you've seen.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Guesstimating implant size

+1
The photos you've posted are extremely reasonable for a woman of your current size and weight. The slight asymmetry between the breasts can be addressed by inflating implants differentially. Because of the way the skin drapes over the implants and the dissection of the breast pocket, we can approximate the breast size based on our experience as board certified plastic surgeons. The more input a patient can offer, the better!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Implant Size

+1

It is very difficult to guess the implant size needed for a certain result from looking at pictures.  I have found in doing over 2000 augmentations that trying on implants in the office and various other techniques do not work well either.  I will always make an estimate in the office but in every patient I will use a temporary sizer in the operating room to determine the final implant size that it takes to give the appearance my patient tells me she is wanting.  Then I will select the profile of implant of that size that fits the patients chest wall.  There are many variables with the chest wall and breast that all go together to make the final outcome.  Just make sure you are seeing surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and I would recommend you see more than one surgeon.  Be sure to ask to see some of that surgeons pictures to find someone that looks close to what you are wanting.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

How to choose the best breast implant size in Los Agneles

+1

The most important decision in breast augmentation is choosing the right size breast implants. Most women tend to underestimate the breast implant size. The pictures that they bring in are often of larger breast implants that what they say that they want. Therefore, I have patients try on different size breast implants in my office to see which size looks the best on them.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Nice Natural look

+1

You have picked a good looking size.  It looks very natural and fits her body.  I suggest to start with the rice test.  1 cup of rice is 250ccs of volume.  Try 1,11/3,.1 1/4, 1 1/2, 1 3/4.  One of these will feel right for you.  Place the rice in nylon stockings and place in a sheer bra.  You can wear this out in public to get a feeling of the size.  Next measure the width of you breast it could be 10 to 12 cms. Look at the different profiles of the implants and match the width with the volume. Also, you may want a certain shape which could alter this.  You will probably be in the 300 to 350 range high profile.

Last note.  You need to be an active participant in picking your size.  Plastic surgeons are artist and our aesthetic differ.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD