Sculptra Nodules Under Eyes - Looking for Colorado Sculptra Expert

July 2008 I had Sculptra injected under my eyes. Visible nodules developed within 3 weeks, though I massaged as instructed. They are still visible, I look like I have double bags (due to the nodules pushing out the skin above my cheeks), and are still painful (3 years later). I need to find a Colorado Doctor I can trust to help me fix this. I phoned my provider's office last month & was told "Sculptra doesn't last more than 2 yrs. She won't see you!!!!" Can anyone help me?

Sculptra nodules

+4

Hi Sue17 in Colorado,

Sculptra nodules can be seen under the thin eyelid tissue for a number of reasons and if agranulomatous response occurs, these lumps are unlikely to resolve in any other way then surgical resection. I posted pre and post op pictures of a woman I treated for this condition previously on the “realself” website and they should be attached to this post. As you can see, the result was excellent and the patient was quite relieved to have the deformity gone.

Joel Cohen, MD in your area has written some excellent articles regarding filler use as well as their complications and management. Best wishes
for a successful resolution to this problem.

Roger A. Dailey, MD, FACS

Portland Oculoplastic Surgeon

Try www.sculpraaesthetic.com for their physician locator

+3

If you go to the above email location you should be able to find a qualified injector.

Look for one who is a trainer if possible.

We train here in Florida for Sculpra and have looked after patients like you from outside of our practice.

Our usual technique is the make a tiny incision and remove the Sculpra directly.  In and about the eyelids this is the most effective way to manage problems like this in virtually all long lasting injectables.  The incisions disappear very quickly.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra can cause lumps in the thin eyelid skin

+2

I have preferred not to inject Sculptra above the muscle underneath the eyelid skin because it is so thin that lumpiness can be seen.  This also applies to fat injections and Radiesse as these are more viscous than Juvederm and Restylane, the latter which I prefer to inject underneath the muscle for the same reason.  Some patients do retain new collagen for longer than two years after Sculptra.  A granuloma is an immune system reaction to the Sculptra and this may not go away requiring a tiny excision which might heal well but there will be a tiny scar.  See a plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon to see if there is a chance that it can be removed via the conjunctival route rather than incising the skin.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sculptra nodule along lower eyelids needs to be excised

+2

First of all, nodularies along lower eyelids from Sculptra can be avoided by NOT injecting it there. Almost all appropriately trained Sculptra aesthetic physicians know to avoid the area given how thing the skin is. Surgical excision is the way to go in this situation. Otherwise nodularities from Sculptra elsewhere done on the face is exceedingly rare with current dilution protocol, mixing it 48 hrs prior, vigorous massaging for 5 days, and avoidance of lower eyelids.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

I recommend Dr Joel Cohen for Sculptra in Denver

+2

He is great with Sculptra and can definitely help you.  His website it aboutskinderm(dot)com.  Good luck!

Joel Cohen on RealSelf

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist