Expert Opinion Needed on Dorsal Hump Removal and Deprojection? (photo)

I'd like to have my dorsal hump removed and my nose to project less from my face. I noticed that I have pretty long nostrils, so would this hinder the possibility of bringing my nose in closer to my face? I also feel like I have a bulbous tip and would like my tip to be smaller and more elegant. I attached of picture of my desired profile. I want the bridge to have a nice slope and when i smile i dont want my tip to droop down. Do you think a result similar to that is achievable for me?

Realistic Improvement via Rhinoplasty

+2

The result you describe is absolutely achievable. All the changes you mentioned are part of a precisely done open rhinoplasty. Nostril length can be controlled and should
not be a hindrance. 

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Remove bump on nose

+1
Your concerns are typical of many Rhinoplasty candidates. Removal of the bridge and reduction of the length of the septal cartilage will nicely shorten and refine your look. Combined with sculpting of the tip cartilages the overall look should be very close to what you're looking for.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

What can be achieved in rhinoplasty?

+1

It's possible to achieve the style of nose you admire. You have good skin for rhinoplasty and the underlying nasal structure is satisfactory for the reshaping you desire. You may find the degree of reduction you wish in overall size not possible, but surgery will certainly make your nose reduced from its current size.Surgery is unable to create an exact copy, however the overall shape and size you desire can be achieved with success rates in the 80-90% range. The more skilled the surgeon, the higher the probability of getting to your goal.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos show a small hump on the bridge (which looks like it is mostly cartilage), a tethered upper lip (horizontal upper lip crease) and an asymmetric round tip (the left tip cartilage is slightly higher than the right). You can never attain the exact nose of the blonde in the far right photo but removing the hump, trimming the upper edge of the tip cartilages, realigning the tip cartilages with sutures and severing the muscles that are tethering the lip should give you a result you will be happy with.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Reasonable and Achieveable Rhinoplasty Goals

+1

I think all of your nose objectives with rhinoplasty are achievable including hump elimination, lifting of the tip and tip refinement. Whether you can achieve the exact look you have shown in the model picture is a matter of debate. I would be cautious about expecting your tip length to be as short as that in the picture. You will clearly end up shorter but it may be a stretch to be that short with where you are now.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Your rhinoplasty goals are achievable!

+1

Thanks for including photos; they show your present appearance and a reasonable goal. Your concern about long nostrils inhibiting retrusion of your nasal tip are understandable, but deprojecting the nasal tip actually will make the nostril openings less elongated, rather than the nostrils preventing or restricting this. Easy first question!

As far as smiling not dropping the nasal tip: you are actually seeing the effects of the smiling muscles of the face pulling the alar/cheek regions upwards, which can actually drop the nasal tip slightly, and make it appear even more drastic compared to the pulled-up sides of the nose. Proper nasal tip elevation will give you a nice profile appearance, but your facial muscles will still induce small changes in the nasal appearance; they'll just look nice and normal, not dropping an already-low nasal tip.

Your desired profile can indeed be achieved! See one or more experienced ABPS-certified plastic surgeons or ENT/facial plastic surgeon experts. Ask to see enough before and after photographs to asses the aesthetic "eye" of your proposed surgeon. Good luck and best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Rhinopasty for hump removal and deprojection, etc.

+1

Yes the bbump can be roved, the tip refined and the nose deprojected.  The way to get this is to choose a very experienced surgeon who does natural noses that you like. 

Dorsal Hump Removal and Decreasing Nose Projection from face.

+1

You have a clear idea of what you would like to achieve and what I see in the photos matches well with your desired goals for refining you nose.  As you know, no two noses are alike and the photo of your desired outcome provides a good guide for the surgeon on what you would like to achieve.  Your question about the elongated nostrils is a good one.  Once the tip of your nose is reshaped and the projection is decreased, your nostrils will not appear elongated, but have a rather more proportionate appearance.

Ramin Behmand, MD

The perfect nose for you

+1
You have done some of the hard part. You have a clear idea of what you like. During your consultation I hope your surgeon can use computer imaging to morph your photo into the 'new' shape. This way you can see or try out changes and see just what you feel fits your face. Hump reduction and tip rotation are very common steps in rhinoplasty and you should come out well.