Am I Experiencing a Nasal Collapse After a Rhinoplasty?

I had an open rhinoplasty 10 month ago. Approximately 3 month ago I realized that the left side of my nose is somewhat collapsing? I can still breathe but my airway in the left nostril is more obstructed compared with my right nostril. Do you think that a revision surgery is needed, and will it be more complex than the first one? Thanks!

+1

At 10 months from the time of your original surgery you are very close to complete healing.  If you are now experiencing breathing obstruction on the left, as seen in these photos, then you may be experiencing internal valve collapse and narrowing on that side.  This can occur during overresection of the dorsum to create a straight profile.  If this is the case, then a revision surgery would be eventually necessary to straighten that area and augment or graft the collapsed cartilage.  Give your nose 2 more months of healing until 1 full year and then discuss these issues with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.valleyfacialplasticsurgery.com

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon