Looking for Experienced Doctor to Repair Stretched Earlobes in L.A. Area

Greetings. I have stretched my earlobes to hold discs up to 1 5/8". I was considering having them repaired because I deal with parents and administrators at my work. I would like to find an experienced plastic surgeon who has repaired stretched ears. I live near L.A. Any idea of the cost?

Earlobe repair in LA

+1
You are in plastic surgery Mecca and should have no trouble in finding a board certified plastic surgeon for this procedure. UCLA, USC, Cedars Sinai and ASPS all have websites and rosters of surgeons by location. The cost varies based on location. In NY, I charge $750 for unilateral and $1250 for bilateral repair.

Repair of Stretched Ear Lobes

+1

Thank you for the question.  There are many good board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You should do your due diligence by checking with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Only by visiting the surgeon's website or office will you learn of his/her specific experience and skill.

The  repair of the stretched envelope is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance".  Must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe.   It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates.

Earlobe repair in LA

+1

The first place to start would be to go to the ASPS or ASAPS website and find someone in Los Angeles.

Ear lobe repair is a relatively simple procedure

+1

Ear lobe repair is a relatively simple procedure that is performed under local anesthesia in the office setting. I would be more than happy to evaluate you and give you an estimate. My practice is in Beverly Hills.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Bilateral ear lobule lobe repair

+1

The cost of repairing both ear lobes runs anywhere from $800-1200. Call up your primary care physician for referrals or contact a few offices and go for a consultation.

Stretched/Gauged eralobe repair in Los Angeles

+1

I have extensive experience with stretched/gauged earlobe repairs, as a matter of fact channel 7 ABC news recently featured me in one of their shows repairing a gauged earlobe, you can view the piece on my website. I perform these procedures under local anesthesia.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Earlobe and gauge earlobe repairs in Los Angeles

+1

Earlobe repair with gauges can be repaired with an outpatient technique that utilizes the stretched skin to accomodate and create a new earlobe.  This is a common procedure that takes meticulous attention to detail.  I perform these in my office based surgical suite in Los Angeles. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Earlobe repair is very straightforward

+1

I have patient come in the office all the time for repair of stretched out and torn earlobes. In fact, just last week I removed several keloid scars from a patient who had her earrings torn out of her earlobe and then developed excessive scar tissue. This procedure can almost always be performed under local anesthesia. The only exception would be earlobe reduction as a part of a facelift.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Correcting stretched earlobes

+1

The correction of stretched earlobes is one of the most common office procedures in plastic surgery. We routinely perform this procedure under local anesthesia with great success. We use a technique that employs a small tissue flap to completely wrap around the piercing. This creates stable support for the earring to rest on so that the weight of the earring does not tear through the delicate tissue below.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Ear lobe reduction

+1

I have performed ear lobe reduction on several of my patients at Newport Beach area. The procedure is pretty simple and can be performed under local anesthesia. The procedure needs to be customized and according to your needs and wants. Essentailly, it involves excising the stretch out skin and restoring a rounder shape to the lobule.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS